Homemade component probs

S

slart

hi , dont know if anyone can suggest anything to help.

I bought a couple of component wall plates when i re-decorated. the seller told me all i needed was satelite cable for each colour and they would attach to the back of the wall plate with an F type connector.

so i sunk lots of satelite cable into the wall

all has been working well and was working as expected up untill a couple of days ago when i had to take the wall plate off to fix something.

now my picture (a projector) has a purple halo one side of all pictures and a green one on the other. i have checked all the component cables that feed from my av amp and the one into the proj . it is definately the something to do with the cables in the wall, i have tried re-stripping and re-seating them into the back of the wall socket.

anybody have any suggestions. it was working brilliantly.

slart

S

slart

yep, i have had the setup apart and back together loads of times.

i have a av amp for which a 1 m component cable goes into the wall > then its the satelite/component cable running up the other end of the room > then another component cable to the proj.

ta

Alun

would you be able to try it locally, i.e plug your dvd direct into PJ, missing out satellite cables?

S

slart

tried that, dvd direct to proj is perfect, its just the cable in the wall thats a prob, is there some kind of shielding or somthing i could do to help it

s

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom