Homeland - Season 3 (US)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a S3 thread?, can't locate one.....

Some details for Season 3.

Starts: Sunday, September 29th (12 episodes)

Homeland Season 3 opens during the aftermath of the horrific terror attack that
decimated the U.S. intelligence apparatus
, and prompted a global manhunt for the world’s most wanted terrorist –
Nick Brody (Damian Lewis)
. As Carrie (Claire Danes) and Saul (Mandy Patinkin) begin to pick up the pieces of their shattered professional and personal lives, they are swept up in the political and media firestorm surrounding the terror attack and the subsequent search for Brody’s whereabouts.

The series also stars Morena Baccarin, Rupert Friend, Jackson Pace and Morgan Saylor. One of Showtime’s top-two rated series (along with DEXTER), Homeland tied for the most wins of any program this year at the Emmy Awards, honored with six wins including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series, and Outstanding Lead Actress and Actor in a Drama Series. Additionally, HOMELAND has been awarded Golden Globe Awards, SAG, Peabody, Television Critics Association, AFI and Critics' Choice Awards.

Was gobsmacked by the finale, I fear the show may run out of steam in season 3.

I think it should end this season. 3 will be enough for me, it's already been stretched out enough. Hopefully it will go out on a high.

I think it should end this season. 3 will be enough for me, it's already been stretched out enough. Hopefully it will go out on a high.

I'm sure the majority of viewers will agree but they will run it onto 10 seasons and it will fizzle out to be remembered as the great show that turned crap.

I'm sure the majority of viewers will agree but they will run it onto 10 seasons and it will fizzle out to be remembered as the great show that turned crap.
Like 24.

Prison Break and Heroes also stand out as shows that started off spectacularly then descended into dire quality.

Hopefully Homeland is more like The Wire/Sopranos in terms of high quality longevity but I don't know how much it has left in the tank.

They need more characters.

Like 24.

Prison Break and Heroes also stand out as shows that started off spectacularly then descended into dire quality.

I thought 24 went up and down, with the last couple being very good tv (if not the best 24 series)

Heroes has to be the biggest descent for me. I can't think of any other show that went from unmissable and the talk of my office and friends to not even finishing off the last series.

But I do worry that more than 3 will be plain silly if its just about the same terrorist and same couple of FBI people.

MB

I'm surprised they never continued the brilliant Sleeper Cell ... 2 seasons and that was it
- probably the most 'realistic' of these terrorism thriller series, and also on Showtime

I'm surprised they never continued the brilliant Sleeper Cell ... 2 seasons and that was it
- probably the most 'realistic' of these terrorism thriller series, and also on Showtime

That was a great show Oded Fehr and Michael Ealy were fantastic in it.

Don't think i ever watch Sleeper Cell S2. 1 was brilliant though iirc.

Think S3 should be the end of Homeland. Shouldn't really be that much more to run with the present story arc.

It really had nowhere to go after Brody chickened out of bombing the bunker at the end of season 1. Anything he did after that was anticlimactic. Season 2 was a bit of a mess. Brody's daughter is up there with Skyler from Breaking Bad as the most annoying and worthless actress on TV. I like the character Saul and David Marciano as Virgil was criminally underused , but the whole show is like 24 on diazepam.

Last edited:
^^ That merits spoiler tags, i think :)

S2 had it's ups and downs, but this was still fine TV drama, so let's see what S3 brings.

Agreed the daughter character was annoying. I'm not sure the storyline around her was more or less irritating that 24's Kim Bauer's constant kidnapping...? I think maybe less.

She was partly annoying because she is a teenager and that's her job. It did add to the "cause vs office vs family dilemma", i think although i didn't really enjoy her stroy arc myself.

MB

It really had nowhere to go after Brody chickened out of bombing the bunker at the end of season 1. Anything he did after that was anticlimactic. Season 2 was a bit of a mess. Brody's daughter is up there with Skyler from Breaking Bad as the most annoying and worthless actress on TV. I like the character Saul and David Marciano as Virgil was criminally underused , but the whole show is like 24 on diazepam.

Exactly. Although I lost interest in Season 1 when the is he or isn't he question was answered. Watched season 2 to see if it was as bad as the reports (even the announcers on Irish TV were mocking episodes before they started) and it was worse. It really descended into utter tosh. Pity, as the performances from Lewis, Danes, Patinkin and Marciano were fantastic.

It was previously said that there will not be a lot of Brody screen-time in the new series

Co-creators Alex Gansa;
I don't think it would be a betrayal to say that he's not in the first two episodes, but it would be a betrayal to tell you when he does appear. His flight from America just made it impossible to incorporate in the first two episodes."

Daniel Lewis (Brody);
"He's on the lam. He's disappeared into a network Carrie has effected, and he's the most-wanted criminal in the world, so he has to lay low. I do hope that when you do see Brody for the first time, it will be real, real interesting."

What was Brody doing going all Rambo in the jungle, hope it doesn't turn out to be a new season of 24.

5j7C9ZY.jpg

Episode 1: Tin Man Is Down

It's ok even as unfinished print. Just a few small fx and 1 noticeable audio replacement, if it was distracting i would not have watched it.

Good episode, but it's slow paced, there is interesting action moment, i was hoping there were going to bring that up at the hearing. So why was it not,
did Quinn remove the child's body?
Noticeably as reported someone was missing from the episode.

It's more of a "workprint" though.

It appears to be unfinished, with things like pieces of music missing in sections.

I'm giving it a miss, as I'd much rather watch the finished product.

yeah as said wait for the finished one, this is pre end production if that makes sense.

I didn't create the file just letting people know it's out there ;)
Fussy pirates :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom