Homeland - Season 3 (US)

Episode 2: Uh... Oh... Ah (US)

If people here have a problem watching annoying Carrie, then this episode will not help matters as she spirals even further. Again there is more daughter plot which i don't care about her love life. Plus it's another Brody-less episode.

Quinn stole the episode
with his threat on the banker, and also telling Saul he's leaving after the case is completed for what he has done to Carrie. Plus the weight on his mind in killing a child.

I would not lose faith, once Brody is back in the fold, and we get locations in the middle east, the show could get back on track and start to get really interesting again.

I enjoyed episode 2 and liked the introduction of a former Barney Stinson girlfriend :laugh:

Someone please kill Carrie. :lease:

She has to be the most annoying character on tv at this preset time.

Anyone notice the 'Bankers' in question were obviously HSBC (but not called that by name) note on the whiteboard and reference to opium trading.

Still not loving the Dana threads at all, otherwise its drawing me in what with
Carries descent into madness and Saul throwing her to the lions or is he?
I've actually warmed to Quinn quite a lot though considering he started as pretty unlikeable

Someone please kill Carrie. :lease:

She has to be the most annoying character on tv at this preset time.

indeed, somehow she keeps winning awards, i dont get it, im adamant its the subject matter and americans being americans.

I don't have issue with Carrie, i can sympathize with what she is going through, and she is going to be a very difficult character to be around and that is being projected to the viewer, hence people find her annoying and unpopular, the actress is playing her role well, it can't be a easy role anyway.

I can understand why Saul
is distancing himself and using her as a scapegoat.
So until she gets her head back into the game, probably by going back in the meds there is no place for her with the agency until then.

Dana is by far the most annoying character with her blank stare and eyebrow wiggle....

In fact se should do a spin of show with Ray Donovan's daughter, and maybe Jack Bauers too!!

Jeesh!

Otherwise I did very much enjoy this weekes episode.

This show is slowly jumping the shark. It has lost its focus and main purpose. The Israeli drama it is based on concluded after a fixed number of episodes and the producers knew how it finished before it had even started.

When the US version began it was about spies versus terrorists with a small amount of family drama thrown in. Now the dysfunctional family storyline and mental health plot, which slightly strains credibility, are given the same level of priority as the storylines that genuinely made this show exciting. If they continue to focus on family affairs and such like for the remainder of the season then the show will, I think, lose a large number of viewers.

Also, the ending to this week's episode was totally unrealistic and mirrors the way the show handled the side effects of ETC from seasons 1 and 2.

Wow I may slip this series then if people saying it's poor!

When the US version began it was about spies versus terrorists with a small amount of family drama thrown in. Now the dysfunctional family storyline and mental health plot, which slightly strains credibility, are given the same level of priority as the storylines that genuinely made this show exciting. If they continue to focus on family affairs and such like for the remainder of the season then the show will, I think, lose a large number of viewers.

I was trying to figure out why i'm less keen and i think this paragraph pretty sums it up !

The issue of "making it up as you going along" scriptwriting is also starting to show. 24 defiantley suffered from that at times, but was still good tv.

MB

I'm fairly close to stopping watching now, second episode was absolute drivel.

Finding it hard to watch Carrie freaking out in the second episode. I'll watch one more as Brody is back next week apparently, and if that don't impress - I'm out.

I feel like we have seen this all before with Carrie freaking out. I thought Season 1 was great, Season 2 was OK, and Season 3, so far, is not good at all.

I really hope they up their game for the rest of the Season, so far very unimpressed.

I've been unsubscribed from this thread as I watch at UK pace. I've just watched the first 2 episodes - or rather I tried to watch them but ended up half watching and fast forwarding quite a bit as I found them both extremely boring.

I've removed it from my planner as I really can't be bothered watching this any more :(

Uh oh! Having a peek at this thread every so often; doesn't look good.

The missus and I are parking this on the HDD until we know if it's doing a Dexter S8 or not. :(

My missus really wants us to watch them and I have been wanting to save them up.

I am tempted to start watching them though as I don't know if I could watch 10 hours of Claire Danes crying and going mental all in one go :laugh:

My missus really wants us to watch them and I have been wanting to save them up.

I am tempted to start watching them though as I don't know if I could watch 10 hours of Claire Danes crying and going mental all in one go :laugh:

And so far that is all it has been! :facepalm:

I actually enjoyed the first two eps. I just fast-forward any scene involving Dana :smashin:

Ep 3 was a disappointment though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom