Homeland - Season 3 (US)

Episode 1: Tin Man Is Down

It's ok even as unfinished print. Just a few small fx and 1 noticeable audio replacement, if it was distracting i would not have watched it.

Good episode, but it's slow paced, there is interesting action moment, i was hoping there were going to bring that up at the hearing. So why was it not,
did Quinn remove the child's body?
Noticeably as reported someone was missing from the episode.

Agreed, the quality was still 99% apart from a few blips.

Not sure if he removed the body. Although it did cross my mind, but then wondered what would he do with a child's body in a foreign country when he got there on motorbike?

Was a decent episode on the whole. Still not sure what mileage this show has when it looks to be blown to bits by Brody being on the run, Carrie essentially a mentally ill pariah and the agency not even able to protect itself never mind America. I like Quinn and Saul though, hopefully we get more of them. The 'crater missing' green screen wasn't as annoying as watching Carrie shag with a bra on.

Agreed, the quality was still 99% apart from a few blips.

Not sure if he removed the body. Although it did cross my mind, but then wondered what would he do with a child's body in a foreign country when he got there on motorbike?

Was a decent episode on the whole. Still not sure what mileage this show has when it looks to be blown to bits by Brody being on the run, Carrie essentially a mentally ill pariah and the agency not even able to protect itself never mind America. I like Quinn and Saul though, hopefully we get more of them. The 'crater missing' green screen wasn't as annoying as watching Carrie shag with a bra on.

In fairness, there's no way to know its 99% good (and I'm not saying it isn't), as you've not got the aired version to compare it to.

In fairness, there's no way to know its 99% good (and I'm not saying it isn't), as you've not got the aired version to compare it to.

You're right the aired version may be slightly different, but this was very watchable. I can see where they'd fill in the green screens and the audio, maybe a piece of music here or there, but it seemed pretty complete. I'll watch the aired version too and see.

Fell asleep to this and woke up near the end, it was super slow and unless they have some new trick up their sleeve I don't see how this can survive beyond this season. There just isn't that much mileage left in the "Crazy Carrie be crazy" story line.

Thought it was easily the worst episode in the entire series yet, very poor for a season premiere. Really don't have high hopes for this season, felt and looked like a soap opera throughout.

Homeland Exclusive Clip:

Where Did Brody Go After The Season 2
Explosion

The Season 2 "Homeland" finale ended with
Damian Lewis, as Nicholas Brody, narrowly escaping capture and disappearing into the wilderness.

Homeland Exclusive Clip

'The Simpsons' spoof 'Homeland' with a episode titled 'Homerland'.
To air before 'Homeland' this Sunday on FOX (US).

UoL1lw3.jpg

What a great opening episode to season 3. :smashin:

What a great opening episode to season 3. :smashin:

Yeah we enjoyed that, a bit of a slow burner but had some tense moments. Don't enjoy the daughter plots and can see her facing Mecca at some point to pray

A timid start I thought but really looking forward to the new series

Season 2 definately didn't live up to the first season, plot holes big enough to fly a baby Pterodactyl through took the a lot of the tension away for me.

I'm really hoping season 3 will be a return to form for Homeland, after watching the first episode

I'm still not convinced that after being investigated in S2, Saul would be made Director of the CIA even after loosing most of their top ranking staff, and would he really trust Adal to be his sidekick?
I think Quinn left the childs body where it was, obviously more about that in a later episode.

Don't enjoy the daughter plots and can see her facing Mecca at some point to pray

Hasn't that been in a trailer already?

I enjoyed this episode and thought it was a good start to the season. Sign of a good show to me that nothing much happens, but it still has you gripped.

Ah, my apologies then. Sorry.

I just never really enjoyed her plot lines I thought that they were totally superfluous. I dot mind sideline plots in shows as sometimes they need something else along with the main story but I felt hers brought nothing.

Anyone notice Brody's wife's upper lip looked all funny? Looks like she over did it with the collagen injections.

I just never really enjoyed her plot lines I thought that they were totally superfluous. I dot mind sideline plots in shows as sometimes they need something else along with the main story but I felt hers brought nothing.

probably not as annoying as Kim Bauer in 24, but i've found her storylines plain worthless before.

Enjoyed ep1 last night on C4, but it isn't any where near as gripping as the first series. Will watch, but not currently seeing this an unmissable TV.

To be fair is hasn't "done a Heroes" yet, by any means...

MB

If Carrie keeps on whinging in every episode I'm moving on.

Not watched it myself yet but I am guessing we are just going to get 13 episodes of her crying and whinging like the last series and all the lovey rubbish. I was fine with her breakdowns in Season 1 but if it carries on then I wont bother either.

It was a shaky start in my opinion. Didn't like the...

advancement of the story 2 months, nor Dana and her suicide bid. In fact the family really doesn't need to be in it as much as they are. I thought it was also very strange how we didn't see any of Brody. The episode desperately needed that. From the trailers too, I don't like the look of what Brody is going to be getting upto, but I can only speculate on that.

It has to end this season. The show is no longer about "is he or isn't he", and that's what gave it it's magic. It's just a run of the mill espionage tale now. Has been since Season 2.

Not watched it myself yet but I am guessing we are just going to get 13 episodes of her crying and whinging like the last series and all the lovey rubbish. I was fine with her breakdowns in Season 1 but if it carries on then I wont bother either.

Yeah i sacked it off midway through s2 for that reason, they shouldve just left it at s1 and it ended properly instead of the cop out they used.

We blitzed through S1 and S2 earlier this year and as a whole enjoyed them but I think if we'd have seen S2 in isolation week after week it would have been hard going. Definitely needs to end this season.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom