HomeHub 3.0 replacement?

Niteflyer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have had a search round for the answer to this but there seems to be so many conflicting views so I thought I would ask. Please forgive me if it's been asked before.

I have BT Broadband (not infinity) with a crappy D/L of around 2.5Mbs. I am using the HomeHub 3.0 but I am having so many problems with it (connection problems and dropping wireless problems). I know it's the hub as I have tried my devices on my mother-in-laws broadband connection and everything runs like a dream! I have eliminated ALL possible interference issues by switching all possible culprits and I still have the same problems. So I have concluded that it's the HomeHub that has the problems.

I now want to but a new modem/router but don't want to waste money on something rubbish (if you know what I mean)?
So I was wondering if any of you use BT broadband with a 3rd party modem/router? If so which one? And do you have any problems with it??

Thank you all very much

Matt

I just switched to infinity. Beforehand was on O2 and was using my netgear router as it was much better than O2s. You will need a ADSL modem/router and most of them say on the box or description for BT connections.

How it performs is a whole different matter. So many things can affect wireless signals.

The BTB HH 3.0 is generically a perfectly good ISP supplied router although you may have a bad one, it is unlikely.

It could simply be you environment at Home. For example you or a close neighbours using something like an AV sender that is swamping the WiFi spectrum.

To prove whether it is the HH or the environment, try "moving the fault". That is to say take it to your MiL's place, set it to the same WiFi channel that her router is using and see if the problem persists

if you have issues with your wireless dropping - go into settings and change to just use B and G - not B/G/N - you should see some stability

if you have issues with your wireless dropping - go into settings and change to just use B and G - not B/G/N - you should see some stability
However the the OP will lose the 802.11n function. I have not had to do this with BT Home Hub 3.0s for the WiFi to work properly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom