Homefront: The Revolution is open-world, out 2015 | VG247
Homefront: The Revolution has been revealed by developer Crytek UK for a 2015 launch on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Mac and Linux.
“What would you do for your freedom?” That’s what the open world shooter’s tag-line asks.
Homefront: The Revolution takes place in Philadelphia, four years after North Korea claimed America. The city has become a ghetto that is regularly patrolled by soldiers and automated drones, and where civilians live in fear under the oppression of a police state.
Beyond the city lies the ‘badlands,’ a red zone where the seeds of revolution are forming thanks to a guerrilla band of rebels working to overthrow the dictatorship and achieve independence once more. The open world is said to react to your actions as you trigger the new revolution, but as always the Koreans have advanced weaponry and technology. Players will also engage enemy forces in un-scripted gun battles using homebrew weapons.
Bullet points from the release read:
- Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-OP – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution