Homefront - Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i buy this then im going to buy it on the xbox,once again they have greased up another devs palms.
xbox gets 8 maps,ps3 and pc gets 7 maps.

works for me on the xbox.
ps3 and pc users get the **** end of the stick though.

probably wont pick this up but hope it sells well for THQ. Apparently it's their most pre-ordered game ever?

£36 trade in Killzone 3 against this HMV in store. Homefront for £39.99. Pre order and get an £8 gift card as well. Ok if you want it I suppose :smashin:

Still on the fence about this game. MP footage on YouTube looks promising but I also thought the same about medal of honor and I ended up disliking that. I think lack of maps killed that for me though!

I like the way they have the buyout feature like in counter strike where you can save cash to get better load outs etc.

I need a decent online shooter. I'm bored to tears with cod and stopped playing it, disliked bullet storm and KZ3 so I'm really hoping this will catch my interest. I will wait for more reviews especially from guys on here that are picking it up before I go and buy!

Still on the fence about this game. MP footage on YouTube looks promising but I also thought the same about medal of honor and I ended up disliking that. I think lack of maps killed that for me though!

I like the way they have the buyout feature like in counter strike where you can save cash to get better load outs etc.

I need a decent online shooter. I'm bored to tears with cod and stopped playing it, disliked bullet storm and KZ3 so I'm really hoping this will catch my interest. I will wait for more reviews especially from guys on here that are picking it up before I go and buy!

try here addy.

Homefront for PlayStation 3 - GameRankings

its averaging 8+/10 atm.im getting the xbox version,which is getting good reviews.

Yeah I think I will pick this up. Looks a lot better than moh which I didn't mind, just lacked content. Will be for the ps3 tho. Any deals on this game at the moment?

£30 @ bee.com.chalkywhyte says they are very good,he got his killzone a day or 2 ealy.
grainger games are doing this for £28

it comes with 7 maps for the ps3 and 8 for the xbox,also exbox get first dibs on dlc in the future,another devs anal they have greased by the looks of it.

looking at the vids though,it looks very cod but with vehicles thrown in,i dont think you get as many game modes in this game though.

team deathmatch,capture and hold and a game similar to ground war.

but the reviews are pretty positive.

I can live with 7 maps. It looks pretty good. Thanks for heads up on the sites. £30 is a good deal. Expensive mth gaming wise for me. What with this and the 3DS setting me back about £250. It's a good job I'm absolutely loaded eh! ;)

£30 @ bee.com.chalkywhyte says they are very good,he got his killzone a day or 2 ealy.
grainger games are doing this for £28

it comes with 7 maps for the ps3 and 8 for the xbox,also exbox get first dibs on dlc in the future,another devs anal they have greased by the looks of it.

looking at the vids though,it looks very cod but with vehicles thrown in,i dont think you get as many game modes in this game though.

team deathmatch,capture and hold and a game similar to ground war.

but the reviews are pretty positive.

Thanks for the heads-up for Bee.com. Great price.:smashin: Had it pre-ordered at ShopTo for £34.95.
Game is looking pretty good so I guess Killzone will have to take a back seat for a while:eek:

Bee have said on their facebook they have this in and its being shipped out. :thumbsup:

Some people may get this tomorrow if thats the case.

Bee have said on their facebook they have this in and its being shipped out. :thumbsup:

Some people may get this tomorrow if thats the case.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:ive not got an email yet,im hoping wednesday would be cool.

are you gettting this then chalky?

its getting pretty good feedback so far,apart from edge magazing and woodysgamertag hated it too.but other than that it is doing quite well from the critics.

Na mate. I'll see what people on here think of it. Theres a lot of good games coming out in the next few month and what to get some old ones done and dusted ready for them.

I'm not saying i wont pick it up just not atm.

bee.com update,we are currently processing your item.

its changed from awaiting stock to currently processing your item.

cooooooooool.

My order at Bee.com is currently sitting at awaiting dispatch:clap:

My order at Bee.com is currently sitting at awaiting dispatch:clap:
+1.

do you think they might post tomorrow?would be good if they did.
if they do,then bee.com will be my future go to site.

Well I'm officially in "can't wait for this" mode now! :)
Bored of cod completely, not a KZ fan either. I need another online shooter to wet my appetite and I'm really pleased all the reviews I've seen so far are very positive.

Well I'm officially in "can't wait for this" mode now! :)
Bored of cod completely, not a KZ fan either. I need another online shooter to wet my appetite and I'm really pleased all the reviews I've seen so far are very positive.

Addy have a look over on the xbox preview,there is loads of info on there.
Cvg are claiming that its the best m.p to date,even better than bfbc2 and cod.which is a bold statement.but reviews look very positive indeed.

+1.

do you think they might post tomorrow?would be good if they did.
if they do,then bee.com will be my future go to site.

I have found in the past that the despatch notification e-mail is sent 1am the day after despatch with Bee.com.

Addy have a look over on the xbox preview,there is loads of info on there.
Cvg are claiming that its the best m.p to date,even better than bfbc2 and cod.which is a bold statement.but reviews look very positive indeed.

Yeah have been on the xbox forum. Love the look of the maps, the gunplay, loadouts etc. Just hope it plays as well as it looks.

TBH i'd rather make a decision on seeing it for myself than a company reviewing it.

I'll also take some good words from AVF'ers before i would take some websites/magazines reviewing it.

I've seen some great games reviewed with poor scores. Its all about the Mk.1 Eyeball. Best reviewer in the business.;)

To that end. Is there any news of a demo of sorts?

Also posted on 360 forum

Been following the homefront thread on neogaf. Linky to some users thoughts on the multiplayer. Pretty nice insight and the battle point system sounds excellent.

[Homefront] - 2 reaons to quit COD and counting - Games and Technology - Penny Arcade Forums

Chalky no demo at all. Games out in the US tomorrow. I also agree with your comments about reviews etc. There's plenty of games out there I love but get mediocre reviews and vice versa. It's just nice to read some reviews of this game without it being compared to cod. I take more notice of users reviews and thoughts, especially on avf and neogaf. On the latter there has been some very positive feedback from a few guys who have played the MP for 10+ hours.

Of course this could all be relative. I could hate the game, will find out later this week!

The first reviews for Kaos Studios' shooter Homefront have arrived are we can fairly say that the feelings amongst reviewers seem mixed.

Here's an overview:

•XboxAddict: 9.3/10
•Totally360: 9/10
•Planet Xbox 360: 8.7/10
•Computer and Video Games: 8.6/10
•IGN: 7.0/10
•IncGamers: 6.4/10
•Edge Magazine: 50%
So it seems the X360 fans are really into Homefront, but the rest seem a bit less convinced. Here's what IGN had to say:
Homefront is certainly one of the most unique shooters I've ever played, driven by an ingenious and surprisingly well-fleshed out plot and a dark and dreary, realistic setting. But it also controls and feels like a typical shooter, looks like a game that's several years old, and most importantly, has an inexcusably brief campaign. Multiplayer is Homefront's redeeming quality, and those gamers out there who are like me and swoon for alternate/future history settings should certainly look into it. However, if what you're seeking is an upper-echelon shooter, keep looking, because Homefront isn't what you're searching for.

Think this is a try before you buy for me

Edit: After watching the video review, this is a def a:nono:

Last edited:
I was so much looking forward to Homefront and had high expectations, which made me cancel Crysis 2 preorder. Now, after seeing the video, my opinion had changed. It does look dated and disappointing - therefore, Crysis 2 is back on my top of the list.

Shame :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom