Homefront - Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

runam0k

It's by the makers of Frontlines, a 360 exclusive.

Bottom line, Frontlines had solid old school Battlefield multiplayer with dedicated servers for up to 50 players. Homefront will do something similar.

Check out the video here: Homefront

It has sleeper hit written all over it. One to watch out for. :thumbsup:

Fmrl

I've been keeping an eye on Homefront and Bulletstorm announcements recently - looking good so far.

Could this possibly end up being a worthy "successor" to the Modern Warfare series now that IW are out of the picture? I just thought some of the ideas and visuals for this game - America invaded, fighting on the streets, etc. are very similar. And bits of the multiplayer trailer remind me of the Burger Town missions on MW2. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 209349

looks more like the successor to bad company 2 rather than mw2 to me. As much as i loved bad company 2 i really wish they ditched destruction 2.0 and went back to 1.0 or 1.5 and made the maps bigger with more flanking routes, players, vehicles etc. The performance hit in having fully destructable buildings wasn't worth it imo.

Really like the idea of having to buy weapons and vehicles and always wanted a similar system in a mmo fps (heres hoping they release something like that for next gen)

Brink is another that i'm really looking forward to both released Q1 2011

bleedsoff

Yea this could be a big winner. I think its a mix of BFBC2, COD, MAG and elements of COUNTER STRIKE, with buying equipment when you spawn!

Lets hope it doesn't turn out rubbish like MAG did!

D

Deleted member 209349

Homefront Interview: PC Gamers Won’t Be Left Behind | GameZone.com

DG: Outside of the controls, how will the PC and console versions differentiate from each other?

SD: “A lot, actually. The PC is an entirely self-developed product. It’s not a simple port. We have all the first-person cockpits in the vehicles in the PC that’s not present in the console versions. All the vehicles are played third-person in the console versions. You have the option to go first-person or third-person in the PC version. The game will be balanced differently. Obviously sniper rifles, assault rifles and weapon damages will have their own branches of paths, but the content will all be the same with the exception of the first-person cockpits. The game is being developed entirely as a PC game. All the resolution support, all the bells and whistles, DirectX 11, dedicated servers, custom servers and everything you want from a PC standpoint. We aren’t trying to shove console sensibilities on top of PC gamers.”

Really disappointed theres no 1st person view for vehicles on the console versions. Might be a deal breaker for me.

D

Deleted member 209349

Don't forget Battlefield 3. Should be better than homefront, which is also looking promising. :thumbsup:

AndroidHD

Banned
Don't forget Battlefield 3. Should be better than homefront, which is also looking promising. :thumbsup:

This year is going to be about the online servers and how they cope ;)

Homefront is making my fingers tingle thinking about it.. But 32 vs 32 i foresee crashes aplenty on PS3

Until BFBC3 is out.

Bulletstorm MP is rubbish imho

:)

bleedsoff

tony kop77

Homefront is making my fingers tingle thinking about it.. But 32 vs 32 i foresee crashes aplenty on PS3

Until BFBC3 is out.

This is why I might get it on 360 and just buy exclusives and single player games on PS3. I would rather have it on ps3 just depends how the servers cope.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member

Until BFBC3 is out.

Mag worked well and that was 64 vs 64. :thumbsup:

bleedsoff

Mag worked well and that was 64 vs 64. :thumbsup:

Also i never really had a problem with BFBC series either on the PS3. Don't have a Xbox to confuse me anyway, lol!

AndroidHD

Banned
BFBC2 was an Awesome game :D But over December through January for players playing long hours (12+ hrs a day) The servers were a nightmare. DICE kept bringing out updates that fixed it for a few hours. Couldn't get on to play and when Vietnam came out, most the time you would play with no weapons upgrades. I played with 15-20 friends, that twindled down to 2 in 3 weeks of problems :( Then i gave up myself and it's been Blops since.

Now i've got 75% of my online friends that have gone out and bought XBOX's too. Something about more stable servers when playing Blops. So looks like i'm going to have to buy one. Playing alone is no fun :(

The thing that worries me about HOMEFRONT.. In the videos up there /\ it looks complicated. Marking vehicles, etc etc. Rather than just all out fighting as in MW2, BFBC and Blops. Just hope it's not a game that i think it may be. BFBC3 is still my numero uno looking forward to game. But HOMEFRONT is a very close 2nd and out before. MAG was just plain S*** imho :)

bleedsoff

BFBC2 was an Awesome game :D But over December through January for players playing long hours (12+ hrs a day) The servers were a nightmare. DICE kept bringing out updates that fixed it for a few hours. Couldn't get on to play and when Vietnam came out, most the time you would play with no weapons upgrades. I played with 15-20 friends, that twindled down to 2 in 3 weeks of problems :( Then i gave up myself and it's been Blops since.

Now i've got 75% of my online friends that have gone out and bought XBOX's too. Something about more stable servers when playing Blops. So looks like i'm going to have to buy one. Playing alone is no fun :(

The thing that worries me about HOMEFRONT.. In the videos up there /\ it looks complicated. Marking vehicles, etc etc. Rather than just all out fighting as in MW2, BFBC and Blops. Just hope it's not a game that i think it may be. BFBC3 is still my numero uno looking forward to game. But HOMEFRONT is a very close 2nd and out before. MAG was just plain S*** imho :)

Is BFBC3 even in development?!

bleedsoff

Just clarifying as you got me all excited then, :laugh:. But yea back to Homefront ..........

D

Deleted member 209349

Battlefield 3 is far more exciting that Bad Company 3

D

Deleted member 209349

TBH i reckon the differences will be minor on the console versions, but the PC version is definitely the one to go for.

64 players, hopefully much larger open maps, Jets, prone, battle commander?, may not include Rush mode, i very much doubt it will include squad deathmatch/rush modes. Hopefully more details will arrive soon.

Fmrl

Here a bit of a more in depth vid of the MP.

YouTube - HOME FRONT Multi1

Strange, I thought Homefront was going to be mostly Guerrilla warfare, similar maybe to Freedom Fighters on the PS2 - only in first person and not fighting Russians (for a change!)... the MP looks a bit more complicated and strategic. Probably okay if you're part of a well organised clan but maybe a bit annoying and frustrating if you're playing with/against randoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up