Question Homecinema setup

dollag

q acoustics make some great speakers but thats a large room your trying to fill.

a few q's

what are your sources. any 4k as i believe your avr cannot pass through any 4k (hdcp2.2) and what's its main usage? music? movies? general TV

room layout? room usage? room treatments?

for a room that size, 2 subs should be considered

Bruno Oliveira

Novice Member
It will be used with living room and will be used mainly for normal tv and movies.
As a media center I use the Zapitti 4k hdr and I am thinking of buying a 65 ”oled tv.
The room will not have sound treatment. 2 subwoofer at this time is not being considered due to the budget.
Thanks

Gasp3621

There is much better offer available from the same site with PB2000 which would be lot more ideal for your massive room! It´s only 85€ more as normally you would pay 400€ extra.

I would also think about is that tv size going to be enough. You have large room and it´s likely that you won´t be sitting very close to it. It seems for the price of 65" OLED you can get 75" and 85" led tv`s, but i understand the picture quality is not on par but most likely very good still. I recommend you to visit some shop where you can see the size difference.

Viewing distance for 4K tv`s, just to get some idea what the optimal distance would be.

65"5.4-8.1 feet
70"5.8-8.75 feet
75"6.3-9.4 feet
80"6.7-10 feet
85"7.1-10.6 feet

b1g1an

Viewing distance for 4K tv`s, just to get some idea what the optimal distance would be.

65"5.4-8.1 feet
70"5.8-8.75 feet
75"6.3-9.4 feet
80"6.7-10 feet
85"7.1-10.6 feet

Exactly why I have no interest in replacing my 60" 1080p plasma viewed at 12' with a 4k TV :)

dollag

It will be used with living room and will be used mainly for normal tv and movies.
As a media center I use the Zapitti 4k hdr and I am thinking of buying a 65 ”oled tv.
The room will not have sound treatment. 2 subwoofer at this time is not being considered due to the budget.
Thanks
the most important q, whats the budget?

Your Avr will not be able to pass through 4k so will not be able to plug your sources directly to the avr. you will need to either use arc or an optical out which cannot carry lossless formats like dolby truehd or dts-hd. any reason why your using this avr?

room treatments are the most important thing in any home cinema room, more so than your gear by a large margin. what kind of living space is it? a lounge with a surround system or a dedicated space? at the very least, soft furnishings, carpet and thick curtains are a must. Also onkyo's room correction is not great and with a room with no treatments, i'd look at the like of anthem, emotiva, arcam or nad as they all use great room correction/ also denon and marantz with audyssey

as many people have said, you need a bigger screen to really see the benefits. whats the layout of the room as whilst big, you may sit at a decent distance away.

Bruno Oliveira

Novice Member
In the plan the orientation is wrong, I will use the back wall for the tv.
The distance to the tv will be 4mt.
Thank you very much

Bruno Oliveira

Novice Member
the most important q, whats the budget?

Your Avr will not be able to pass through 4k so will not be able to plug your sources directly to the avr. you will need to either use arc or an optical out which cannot carry lossless formats like dolby truehd or dts-hd. any reason why your using this avr?

room treatments are the most important thing in any home cinema room, more so than your gear by a large margin. what kind of living space is it? a lounge with a surround system or a dedicated space? at the very least, soft furnishings, carpet and thick curtains are a must. Also onkyo's room correction is not great and with a room with no treatments, i'd look at the like of anthem, emotiva, arcam or nad as they all use great room correction/ also denon and marantz with audyssey

as many people have said, you need a bigger screen to really see the benefits. whats the layout of the room as whilst big, you may sit at a decent distance away.
Hello
My buget will be 5000 €.
Do you say my receiver doesn't pass dolby true hd and dts master audio?
Look at the

Thank you very much

Gasp3621

Exactly why I have no interest in replacing my 60" 1080p plasma viewed at 12' with a 4k TV :)
Good, buy projector and install screen so it drops in front of your tv. ;) I have 64" plasma (1080p) aswell. After buying projector for over half less than what i paid for the flagship tv i felt bad. Picture is great on the plasma, but with large screen (106") it`s like night and day difference when it comes to giving you that real cinematic feeling. I have seen OLED at shop it looks great, but i wouldn´t swap it for the big screen. :) But i also don`t watch tv programs, mostly reality tv and other crap these days. :suicide:

dollag

Hello
My buget will be 5000 €.
Do you say my receiver doesn't pass dolby true hd and dts master audio?
Look at the
Thank you very much
The avr can decode the lossless formats like Dolby true hd and DST hd; but only sources that are directly connected to it. Your media box or any 4K source that is hdcp 2.2 compliant will not work with that receiver

therefore you need to plug the sourcesdirectly into the tv and that’s where the problem lies. From the tv, you cannot send these formats.
You need an avr with hdcp 2.2 capability

regarding the tv distance, I sit closer than 4m and 65 inch is too small, especially at 4K

personally With that budget, I think you need to think about now but also the future.

for that kind of money you can put a fantastic system together

Bruno Oliveira

Novice Member
The avr can decode the lossless formats like Dolby true hd and DST hd; but only sources that are directly connected to it. Your media box or any 4K source that is hdcp 2.2 compliant will not work with that receiver

therefore you need to plug the sourcesdirectly into the tv and that’s where the problem lies. From the tv, you cannot send these formats.
You need an avr with hdcp 2.2 capability

regarding the tv distance, I sit closer than 4m and 65 inch is too small, especially at 4K

personally With that budget, I think you need to think about now but also the future.

for that kind of money you can put a fantastic system together
With that money what did you buy?

dollag

That’s a very hard question to answer and would always recommend to audition before buying. A home demo even more so, especially if your not treating the room. The reality is without treatment, speakers can sound dramatically different, for example a analytical speaker may sound bright and harsh is an untreated room, when the reality is, it’s not the speakers, it’s the rooms response.

mouth of your 5k budget, I suggest spending 1k of it on some treatments like acoustic panels and bass traps. Companies like gik acoustics make panels hang like pictures and even have your own prints etc.

As for actual hardware

for a receiver, I’d look at the nad t758 or denon 4400 or 4500

for speakers here are a few options I would consider

klipsch r820’s and matching centre/ surrounds as sensitive and shouldn’t need any extra power

Kef r900/r700’s and r600 if you can still find them

arendal 1723 surround system.

I’d look at svs floor standers and surrounds as well as very impressive

2 subs would be ideal for that size room
Sb2000’s or pb2000’s would be nice

grims dale

I use one of these to pass 4k through my receiver works perfectly I have a marantz av 7702 from my sky q box into my receiver and passes 4k straight to my panasonic 65dx750

Attachments

Trending threads

Top Bottom