1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homechoice, Macrovision and SCART leads

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Chris The Ninja, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello all,

I have a problem. Until last week my Homechoice service, specifically the VOD services, all worked fine until last week. Then, whenever I go into VOD as soon as I get to any contact I get horizontal bands of inteference across the screen and all the colours get transposed. It looks as though I am getting macrovision copy protection problems on the TV. The strange thing is if I change my SCARTs to use the cheapest nastiest SCART I have the problem disappears. Is this a fault on my homechoice box, my TV, with my SCART (which was fine until 7 days ago). So far, nobody at Homechoice has an explanation.

CTNP

2. Magslad

Magslad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Hopefully you've now got this sorted, but if not have you tried all the various video output settings (channel 999, HomeChoice Settings, video outputs). Depending on how your various SCART pins are connected, this may make a difference to the output.

3. seacam

seacam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Chris,

I have posted this very same problem, which I am trying to resolve for neigbours and started just a few days ago, how did you resolve it?

4. Cujo101

Cujo101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The problem is probably down to scart (rgb) being selected. I've had this problem in the past. Check if the scart socket selected on the tv is rgb enabled. If it's not rgb, choose uhf & scart (composite) in the tv set up (page 999) and the problem should dissapear.

5. seacam

seacam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Cujo and thank you.

If you haven't already could you give this link a quick read and would your advice still apply?

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609793

6. Cujo101

Cujo101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I think that what I said would still apply. If the setting was on uhf & scart (composite) the picture on the VOD option should be ok. It's possible that one tv is rgb enabled and the other isn't or there is one rgb slot which could be taken up by a dvd player for example.

7. mjellis99

mjellis99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Approx 2 weeks ago I discovered that all my VOD channels had horizontal coloured lines like you have described. CS immediately told me to unplug the 2nd scart lead from the set top box. They explained that the VOD channels are copyrighted and because my VCR was connected to the box via the 2nd scart lead the box was scrambling the picture to prevent copyright infringement. I’m not sure why the ‘problem’ just started; the only change I had made was to connect a new VCR recently.
    Prior to that I’d had problems with the picture flickering on the VOD channels. This was quickly diagnosed by CS and rectified by changing the video output settings to ‘Scart (RGB) Only’ (On Channel 999).