HomeChoice & broadband call the owners

Julio V

Banned
Hi every body,

Could you please let me know the quality of broadband which is offered by homeChoice?

Is it 1Mb speed? or slower than its description?

Any ideas about the reliable broad band service with competetive price?

I am living in London UK
Thanks in advance

Cyril

Novice Member
Julio V said:
Hi every body,

Could you please let me know the quality of broadband which is offered by homeChoice?

Is it 1Mb speed? or slower than its description?

Any ideas about the reliable broad band service with competetive price?

I am living in London UK
Thanks in advance
I've had a couple of failures in both the broadband and TV per month since November with Homechoice. Some outages were up to 3 hours.

I used to have BT business broadband, and only had brief outages about once a year for 3 years.

My 8MBit was actually about 2.5Mbit (please note 4MBit is reserved for the TV video on demand), so totalled 6.5Mbit

It's not a bad choice if 100% reliability is not needed.

If you only need 95% reliability I guess it will do.

peterweg

Banned
The TV uses 1-2Mbit of the 'up to 8mbit service', but ONLY when the TV is in use. So if you get 7mbit you will get 5.5Mb in practice. If its anthing less, get the 4mb internet service (and the TV won't usually affect this much).

Relibility is good, I've not had an outage in six months and a total period of downtime of 3 hours in 2 years (I work at home). The network is also non-contended, so pings are extreemly low, possibly the lowest of any network.

neilcoburn

Standard Member
I'd echo that - reliability is pretty good (as good as Telewest), speed, using an adslguide.org speedtest is as advertised minus the TV allocation, customer service is very responsive, the only downside is that the TV picture is poor (especially on smaller/niche channels)

H

HD3

It was pirrty much the only service I could go with 10 months ago. It was the best offer with no download limits (on the "max speed" 8mb plackage).

In comparision to blueyonder, (that I couldn't get here) the upload speed is far greater. Although I belive blueyonder has recently upgraded, or uncapped some systems more. I personally have found blueyonder to be far far far more reliable. There internet is rock. - where i once used to have it.

Thoughout the first few months had a few crashs, tv often had some blocking images and freezes for a while. Also the internet seemed to crash every few week. For the past 6 months its been fine. Peer to peer sometimes takes it down. But the box now seems to manage to reset its self. With 30 seconds your back online.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom