Homebrew Apps/Games/FW etc thread (please no discussion of ROMs/Piracy)

Thanks guys,

When the guide says -

"If you are on firmware 3.4 ONLY, you must delete data.bin and rename Twilight3.4.bin to data.bin before you copy it over."

Where is Twilight3.4.bin? I don't seem to have it.:confused:

Use this guide instead...

Its really simple to follow, works 100% and has all the necessary files etc contained. All you need to do is download the 1 file, unpack, run the INSTALL.BAT file and it will format your SD card, and copy over all the correct and necessary files you need.

Wii Softmodding for Dummies - Powered by CO.CC

Click on the Download AIO kit at the top of the screen to download the file

Thanks again guys. It doesn't matter what guide I follow, the outcome is the same.:(

When I execute the hack I get the mesage- "Failed to read boot.elf (-1)! No code found to load, hanging"

I've obviously got something wrong somwhere. I'll keep trying, not going to let it beat me!

Welll I've finally got it working :). I tried a different SD card and all is OK.

Thanks.

Just a quick note, it's good practise to always get any software needed from the parent site and NEVER from 3rd party sites (no matter how reliable).

.....less chance of anything "untoward" happening" but maybe that's just the cautious side of me :D.

By all means look at various guides, but it's always safer to go to the source if you want the files themselves :smashin:.

Welll I've finally got it working :). I tried a different SD card and all is OK.

Thanks.

Rob, one thing I saw as a warning was to make sure the card was formatted as FAT.

To quote the official Twilight Hack site: (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack)
Troubleshooting
* If you get an error such as Failed to read boot.elf (-1), your SD card may not be formatted as FAT.

Glad you've sorted it, but posted this a warning for others.

Thanks Mick,

Yes I did have it formatted at FAT. I'm not sure if it was a dodgy card or if it was just too small (it was only 16mb) but I borrowed a 256 one out of my camera and it worked ok.

Thanks for all replies, I read that 3.4 checks for "unofficial channels" and deletes them, do I have to install each time from SD card? Also 3.4 can perform updates without user consent?

Is this the case, if so would I be better downgrading to 3.2? Heard I can brick it though........:oops:

I am on 3.3e and when I try to copy the hack to the memory, it just says that is already exists.

It doesn't seem to be a common problem, so anyone have any clues please.

Graham

You have to delete the savegame from the system memory before copying the hacked one from the SD card.

Thank you Nigel.

However...
'The data failed to copy' is the message I get when I try to copy the hack. Any clues please.

Graham

Thank you Nigel.

However...
'The data failed to copy' is the message I get when I try to copy the hack. Any clues please.

Graham

Have you definately used the right version of the hack for your firmware? I got that message when I tried the pre 3.4E firmware thinking it may help with my problem (it didn't unsurprisingly) Using the right firmware always copied OK for me.

Well, I don't have a card reader yet (just borrowed one to put the files on). I think it was the 3.4e one.

Would it be wise to connect it up to the internet and let (if it does) it upgrade to 3.4e or get hold of the previous version.

Then if it updates again, I'm stuffed. What to do :confused:

Thanks once again for helping. I do feel I'm close :smashin:

Graham

Graham,

I followed the guide given in post #29. If you download the AIO kit at the top of the screen, it basically asks you which region your wii is, what firmware etc, formats the card (if you want) and copys all the relevant files that you need onto the card. I found this worked well for me, after I got a decent card!

Here's the link to the post, although I'm sure you've seen it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/wii/...-no-discussion-roms-piracy-2.html#post8827273

Thanks for that Rob.

In fact, I am on a mac, so at a bit of a disadvantage to 94% of the world when it comes to this sort of software.

Can anyone confirm it works on 3.4e software and I'll hardwire my wii to the net for an update. and see if that helps.

Cheers.
Graham

Here's Giddy 3 which is a kind of dizzy clone and was available in it's first incarnations on the commodore amiga, it's available in this third instalment as freeware homebrew for the wii and obviously for the pc and amiga os4 too, screenshots grabbed from the pc version as i have no wii atm, feel free to report back on the wii version for those who can run it.

Homepage :- Giddy3

Downloads :- Giddy3

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Giddy30.jpg
    Giddy30.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 6,759
  • Giddy31.jpg
    Giddy31.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 6,821
  • Giddy32.jpg
    Giddy32.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 6,816
:rotfl: "Reasonably Special Edition".....I love that :smashin:.

Another wii homebrew game My little ball

Description

MyLittleBall is the exciting new 'video game' that all the family can enjoy! Using latest technologies, MyLittleBall brings life to any party. Get ready for countless good times in your Living Room!

The new version features improved gameplay, a tamper-proof high-scoring system, background music and brand-spanking new graphics, courtesy of SpriteAttack!

Available here:- File Details-MyLittleBall-v1.0.0-Wii-Homebrew -

attachment.php

Attachments

• MyLittleBall.jpg
    MyLittleBall.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,440
And one more Helium boy looks really promising this.

File Description
from beril:

Helium Boy Wii is a port of an old game I made a few years ago. It's a simple 3d platform game inspired by the Nintendo classic Ballon Kid. You fly using helium balloons and collect stars while watching out for birds and flying ninjas, and try to reach the end of the level.

The Game uses Wiimote+Nunchuck and is only compatible with front SD slot. Extract the files into apps in the root of the SD card and launch from the Homebrew Channel.

Available here :- File Details-Helium-Boy-v0.9-Wii-Homebrew -

attachment.php

attachment.php

Feedback on these games would benefit all, so whatever your views if you've tried it, post it.

Attachments

• helium1.jpg
    helium1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,823
  • helium2.jpg
    helium2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,978
Wow, some of these homebrew games look really good, but really good!

Never been tempted by the Wii homebrew scene before but I'm starting to get very tempted now, looks head over heals better than most of what's on WiiWare IMO(and I was a HUGE fan of Dizzy back in the day so that Giddy3 game looks right up my street!).

Thanks for the images Haggler, very interesting.

Rick dangerous wii

From site :- Port of the classic game Rick Dangerous from the famous company Core Design (behin Tomb Raiders).
Instead of a pure port enjoy an update version of this fantastic game including new gfx, musics, special effects and totally new intro and final ending sequences !

Download here :- Welcome to the real nightmare !

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Bubble Dizzy wii

French site so no idea what the blurb is, but hey it's a dizzy game.

Download here :- FoxySofts

YouTube - Bubble Dizzy - Wii Homebrew

Dailymotion - Bubble Dizzy v0.93b, a video from JyCet. bubble, dizzy, wii, homebrew, foxy

Attachments

• RickWii_2.jpg
    RickWii_2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,534
  • RickWii_3.jpg
    RickWii_3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,309
  • RickWii_4.jpg
    RickWii_4.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,364
I'm really getting tempted by this too, I'll have to get myself a copy of Twilight Princess ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom