Home Vids from HS2 to PC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by garymort, Jul 13, 2003.

1. garymort

garymort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have recorded 7 home videos to the HDD of my Panasonic HS2.
    Whats the best way of getting them onto my PC ?
    I would like to make a menu and edit them a little - basically play around with them to see what what I can do.
    I have DVD-R's and a DVD-RAM mirror disc (not in a caddy).
    When I dubb from the HDD to the DVD-RAM and put in my PC I see a folder named DVD_RTAV and in that folder I have VR_MANGR.BUP , VR_MANGR.IFO and VR_MOVIE.VRO.
    I can play the disc via PowerDVD.

Can anybody give me a few pointers if they know what the hell I am going on about!! :blush:

Thanks

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Its the _MOVIE file that you're interested in.

I'm assuming you want to produce movies from your tapes, then burn onto DVD?

The various video editing packages vary in their willingness to accept the VRO files. Ulead DVD Workshop does. This is a good middle range package (can't remember how much it costs - £60 odd I think) that will do all the usual editing, add effects etc then let you burn to DVD with chapters and menus.

There are other packages around, some need you to rename the MOVIE.VRO to MOVIE.MPG before they realise its kosher, but then you're OK.

When I was trying to fathom all this out I found www.computervideo.net really helpful. The magazine's good too.

BTW, just copy the MOVIE.VRO file to your hard disc - drag and drop works with most PC RAM drives - then import into the software you're using and away you go.

3. garymort

garymort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just tried Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3 and it won't accept .VRO files.
    If I change the filename to a .MPG then I can import my video's but there seems to be no sound when I play them from within DVD Workshop.
    Is this right or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks