Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Home theatre speakers versus selecting own speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by GlenW, Jan 18, 2004.

1. GlenW

GlenW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am researching putting together a home theatre system which will be used quite a bit for listening to music and having most difficulty with the speaker selection. And I am in a location where I can not go to a few stores and listen to various selections so will end up buyng over the net un tested.

I am pretty convinced about a Yamaha RXV740 amplifier.

Am looking at speakers and have seen good comments on Canton CD-1, Kef Eggs and the Infinity Oreus. But, I amnot convinced about the look of these speakers and am keen to go for a more conventional looking speaker and was looking at the Infinity Alpha 5 HCS II. Any comments on these. See below but I was thinking this would give me a good entry level into home theater and then in the future update the front speakers with some larger Alpha speakers.

Or my other thought was to get 2 large normal speakers to use at the front and 2 smaller speakers to use at the rear and a centre speaker and go without a sub for the moment, basically to keep to a budget of about 600 euros.

Any comments