• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

home theatre project.. need help ;)

ronv

Standard Member
so i had a cheap projector (500 pounds or so) which was great and portable and required no thinking. I now want to get a reasonably good projector, home theatre stereo system, etc, and am finding all the details/issues maddening.

Some info: I live in a small apartment in NYC. The living room has decent levels of ambient light (windows in the room itself will have blinds but an open entrance from the kitchen results in quite a bit of light). I don’t plan to use the projector during the day very much but don’t want to exclude this as an option. The room is fairly small, 12’x12’ I’d like to mount the projector from the ceiling. In terms of the screen size, I’d obviously like the largest image possible but the size of the room probably suggests I would need something in the small to medium range. A fixed screen mounted on the wall is fine.

In terms of a budget, I’d like to spend approximately $5000 (or 3000 pounds) for the entire package (i.e. for the projector, screen, speakers, equipment, etc).

I’ve read reviews for a few days and the size of the room and the fact that it will have fixed placement seems to be an important consideration.

Any recommendations for a projector, screen, etc, would truly be appreciated.

SLIM

Established Member
some one should beable to help you as i think stuff in the us is cheap so more for ya buck:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom