1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Theatre Help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Tavish, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Tavish

Tavish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased a new condo and am looking to deck it out with a really nice home theatre setup. This will be the first home theatre that I have installed, although I am a technically savvy person. I have attached a floorplan with the exact setup that I have in mind. Here is what I would like to do with my system (it will make more sense if you look at the picture):

-Hook up my computer to the projector for movies, gaming, etc.
    -Run my computer through the home theater speakers as well as my PC speakers to play music.

I am considering a BenQ PB6100 projector, but haven't decided on a speaker system yet. Should I go all-in-one or not? Also, should I get a separate DVD player for maximum quality? My computer has DVI and S-Video out, but I don't think that particular projector has DVI in. Also, I read that using component-to-VGA cable to attach a progressive scan DVD player provides maximum quality. Lastly, does anyone recommend speakers (I would prefer the slim tower-like ones) and a receiver that could accomplish my goals? Thanks.

Attached Files: