Home theatre advice needed

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by gc88, Jul 20, 2018.

1. gc88

gc88
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at buying the Yamaha home theatre system Yamaha YHT-2940 (5.1) kit. I am also looking to buy a hifi separate amp, something like the Yamaha A-S501, A-S701 or A-S801 amp. The amp must have a phono input for a turn table. So, my question is, is there an AV receiver amp that supports phono input support for a turn table that also could be used as a home theatre amp for TV with 5.1? If so, which model supports this? If not, what solution would you recommend to me? I'd like to be able to play CD, Bluetooth streaming and Vinyl through the home theatre 5.1 speakers and amp - if that's possible. I hope that makes sense!

thanks

2. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +726
    As far as I can see, many Yamaha AV Amp's include a Phono MM input with Ground and Bluetooth connectivity. Even the baby Yamamha RX-V583 has the connectivity you require, so you can see that you shouldn't have an issue in finding what you are looking for.

Denon have also decided to add a phono MM cartridge this year whilst keeping the Bluetooth plus a few other newer streaming/connectivity options on the latest AVR-X1500H meaning you now have more that one manufacturers to choose from without having to compromise on features or playback ability.