Home Theater HT554TM-A2 and .mkv videos

alebelco

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have recently bought the HT554TM-A2 Home Theater and now I am having some problems with .mkv videos by the USB port.

The player don't even recognize the the mkv video format.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? or if there is any code to unlock this feature, because according to the product specification It should be able to reproduce that videos.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The unit you have was/is not intended for the UK market. It seems to be widely available in Asian countries, and as such, I don't think you'll find a great deal of help on this forum, as no one here will own this particular unit.
What little I know is that out of the four LG websites I looked at that had this model listed, only one mentioned the mkv compatibility in the specifications. Also, after downloading and reading the manual for the HT554TM, I can see no mention of mkv files anywhere. My assumption would be that the one LG site with mkv listed (Philippines) has it mistakenly so. With so many different products for different markets around the world, mistakes on LG websites are not unheard of, disappointing as this is for their customers.

Sorry.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom