• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Home theater control room

Jwrichte09

Novice Member
I am currently in the process of building a house and want to store all of my components in a single unfinished space. There will be components for the main home theater as well as the living room. I am trying to find info on the best remote control situation across multiple zones where there may be duplicated components. For simplicity sake lets say that there will be the below setup.

My main concern is how do I control my Xfinity Cable boxes independently of each other. I have seen several Harmony Remotes that utilize my wifi but I am under the impression that doing that would lead me to changing all the TVs to the same channel if the comcast boxes are in the same room. I have seen old IR repeaters that cover directly over the IR eye, but it there a way to combine the two technologies (WiFi remote and IR repeater). I would love to avoid running IR lines through the entire house.

Thanks!

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You'll get much better responses if you use the US forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom