Home projector advice

thebatster

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Im looking for a projector capable of a throw distance of 4.5m onto a 100inch screen size. It needs to be ceiling mounted. It will be used primarily for watching sports but sometimes for gaming and films.

any recommendations please?

many thanks
Jay

Hello.

Im looking for a projector capable of a throw distance of 4.5m onto a 100inch screen size. It needs to be ceiling mounted. It will be used primarily for watching sports but sometimes for gaming and films.

any recommendations please?

many thanks
Jay
What’s your seating distance and have you a screen already bought, also what’s the room like... are the walls/ceiling/floor dark or is everything light in colour?

Most PJ's will throw a 100" image from 4.5mtrs as they will have a zoom function to go larger or smaller at a given throw.

What budget do you have and do you want to have a native 4k projector or 1080p or one in between that can do faux4k.

What’s your seating distance and have you a screen already bought, also what’s the room like... are the walls/ceiling/floor dark or is everything light in colour?
Hey, thanks for the reply. The room will be pretty much dark when in use. Screen has been bought to fit the room. It will be recessed in the window reveal with a black out blind behind to draw closed when in use. Seating distance will be varied as it’s gonna be a bar.

Attachments

• 2C0BEB3B-51AA-4DD2-A265-EF8DADE52BCD.jpeg
    2C0BEB3B-51AA-4DD2-A265-EF8DADE52BCD.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 107D88E1-1369-4E5D-A24B-66AF8AAB5F25.jpeg
    107D88E1-1369-4E5D-A24B-66AF8AAB5F25.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 40
Most PJ's will throw a 100" image from 4.5mtrs as they will have a zoom function to go larger or smaller at a given throw.

What budget do you have and do you want to have a native 4k projector or 1080p or one in between that can do faux4k.
Hi. No set budget to be honest but probably wouldn’t want to spend anymore than £1500?! I would like the best screen quality for the money really. Maybe not 1080p but I’m between to 4K I guess?

thanks

In that case an Epson will probably be your best option a TW7000 comes in at under £1200.

Hey, thanks for the reply. The room will be pretty much dark when in use. Screen has been bought to fit the room. It will be recessed in the window reveal with a black out blind behind to draw closed when in use. Seating distance will be varied as it’s gonna be a bar.
Blackout blinds are great if they keep all the light out but if there's leakage then you might be best doubling up with blackout curtains too. If this is a dedicated room for movie/sport/TV watching look to do dark colours, you could do a proper bat cave but if too extreme then look at painting the ceiling grey instead of white and a dark colour on your walls, likewise pick either a dark floor or big dark rug in front of the screen.

The Epson TW7000 should be a decent enough projector to start with and wet your appetite but if you could get either TW9300/9400 second hand still with warranty then clearly that would be better, check out the classifies on here from either option, especially the TW9400 because early ones of these came with an Epson 5yr warranty so if I were selling mine you'd still have almost 3 yrs of warranty left and the price wouldn't be that much more on top of your limit.

We all start somewhere so look at the Member's Home cinema room section on here and if you like check out mine in my signature. I started with the entire room painted dark grey and progressed from there, though it's very much a dedicated movie room and not really dual purpose. Also check out the movie collection link that show the ability of the Epson in this type of room. ;)

P.S. First and foremost enjoy yourself in the hobby and your partner is annoyed at your choices just let them know that when in there they at least know where you are. :smashin:

Last edited:
Hi. No set budget to be honest but probably wouldn’t want to spend anymore than £1500?! I would like the best screen quality for the money really. Maybe not 1080p but I’m between to 4K I guess?

thanks
Benq w2100 native 4K great projector or indeed it’s little brother the w1700.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom