Home printer recommendations

Munkyfunk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

After some advice on the above, I don't do much probably 20 sheets a week.
Currently have a hp deskjet 6980.
Its a bit tired now,
Looking around the £300 mark and a bonus would be a scan and copy facility.
Wireless and network features too.
Also a decent price on ink replacements.(just had a shock at prices)...
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks Al
Rich,

printers have got cheaper since 2007 when that one came out - I have a canon scanner/printer/photo copier which cost around £100.

this isnt what I have as I got it a few years ago but seems the same spec - one thing I dont buy Canon ink so a full set costs me around £20 from stinky ink.

I am not a heavy users but I have had my one for around 4 years and its the best one I have had .

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Have a look and read up on the HP Instant Ink models.

A £300 spend on a home printer/scanner/copier doing 20 sheets/wk is probably overkill. You should be have to spend no more than £200 max for a decent printer. Manufacturers have reduced the purchase cost of printers but increased the cost of the ink to compensate. You can also get printers that have bulk ink tanks to reduce ink costs but it’s unlikely that this would be necessary if you are only printing such a small amount.
other things to consider are AirPrint/Google print compatibility if you are printing from smartphones/tablets.
I currently have a canon MG6850 bought 4-5 years ago which does everything I need, smartphone compatible, scan and copier functions. Canon inks are expensive but once the warranty expired I now use compatible inks.
If you have access to which? magazine they have many reviews available or look in any of the computer mags for reviews.

This comes with 12 months free instant ink. £80.

I use model 2 versions before this and it's worked hard... Is hooked up to the TV (internet) Chromebook 2 X phones and a tablet.... And I can email myself stuff to be printed, fur me is brilliant being in hospital a lot....

The instant ink system is great to....

Highly recommend the printer linked

Ice

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom