Home - Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant tell you what they are, but it is definately getting better with each update

Im sure the update details will be posted on the net somewhere soon anyway

If it is invite only and if for some reason you have any input on any possible invites, can I be top of the list please mate?:D

Lol course m8 ;)

But i would imagine they will just have a limited number of invites given out to PSN accounts on a random basis, rather than just letting everyone have the software at once and everyone piling in and crashing it

it says on the official site july/september?

Which probably hasnt been updated since April. Dont believe everything you read ;)

Good job I never do when it comes to the PS3! :)

When it comes to PS3 release dates, think of a number then add 3!

If the "open" beta mentioned a few posts above isnt even gonna start for a couple of months, then i think a full release in september isnt on the cards :smashin:

When it comes to PS3 release dates, think of a number then add 3!

If the "open" beta mentioned a few posts above isnt even gonna start for a couple of months, then i think a full release in september isnt on the cards :smashin:

i think cracker knows sumet we dont :smashin::D

It appears Home has been delayed until Spring 2008 :mad:

I couldnt find the Home thread on here (using search), but could the guy doing the Beta confirm if this is true?

do you have a link to back up this rumour, if this is true then I would imagine it will push a few over the edge who were thinking of ditching the console

Think it was announced at the TGS 07 (Tokyo Game Show)... will try and find some more info.

Home was the reason I went out and brought a PS3 - really just for the fact of how innovative it was, not because it was a 'great game' or anything (as obviously its not!) :rolleyes:

EDIT: Got the link... Home Delay

do you have a link to back up this rumour, if this is true then I would imagine it will push a few over the edge who were thinking of ditching the console.

I've been waiting for

Home (delayed)
Singstar (probably delayed again)
Little Big Planet (who knows when)

Hopefully Tiger Woods is still certain to be released tomorrow.

RDB

I've been waiting for

Home (delayed)
Singstar (probably delayed again)
Little Big Planet (who knows when)

Hopefully Tiger Woods is still certain to be released tomorrow.

RDB

Never known a console with so many delays...

Good new video for LBP yesterday though - shows off more of the gameplay - must say, this looks unbelievable - the physics involved are almost limitless...

Great,

Is there anything that the PS3 isn't capable of delaying. I really want this to succeed. But Sony are not making things easy on themselves.

Was half expecting this to be honest :rolleyes:. Still annoying though .... i was really looking forward to home. I stil am though ..... just have to wait longer.
Good job i still have a few blu-ray films to watch

Seems to be quite a lot of news stories reporting that Home will be delayed until next spring :(

http://www.baltimoresun.com/technology/ats-ap_technology10sep20,0,3089675.story

the company is delaying the launch of its "Home" virtual world for the PlayStation 3, initially planned for later this year, until next spring.

The announcement Thursday came from Kazuo Hirai in his first major public appearance as the new chief executive of Sony Corp.'s video game business, Sony Computer Entertainment.

"We wanted to wait until we could offer what would be totally satisfying for consumers," Hirai said in a keynote speech at the Tokyo Game Show, an annual event where game machines and new software are shown.

Its annoying about Home being delayed but I assume that there have been some issues raised in the beta testing that are going to take a while to sort, isnt that the point of beta-testing? Personally Im glad that these issues are being resolved before its full release rather than rushing it out half finished, we would be the first to complain to Sony that they have released a sub-standard product. On the other hand if it is still riddled with bugs come spring we will have a strong case to complain.

Its annoying about Home being delayed but I assume that there have been some issues raised in the beta testing that are going to take a while to sort, isnt that the point of beta-testing? Personally Im glad that these issues are being resolved before its full release rather than rushing it out half finished, we would be the first to complain to Sony that they have released a sub-standard product. On the other hand if it is still riddled with bugs come spring we will have a strong case to complain.

Think the problem with these long delays is that they 'games' in question tend to get buried because of it.

Think if Home could have come out in the next month or so, it would (or could) be a system seller. By the time it comes out (May 08 at best!) who knows what else could be out on PS3 or 360 by then.

Same with LBP, Singstar etc etc... shame.

Same old story for Sony if you ask me....but for HOME to be delayed yet again....:thumbsdow

Come on Sony sort you bleeding lives out

shame realy imo, not to sound off, maybe they should have called it DelayStation3;)
either way i just hope that all the games come out on time, if they do i dont think that we will miss home that much,

It appears Home has been delayed until Spring 2008 :mad:

I couldnt find the Home thread on here (using search), but could the guy doing the Beta confirm if this is true?

There is already a preview thread. I found it doing a search using the word Home and searching thread titles only. I've merged your thread with that one. It's not really a game so it's probably better off in the network or general PS3 forums.

Does anyone remember in the earlier days of the internet (around 12 years ago :eek:) "VWW" using Superscape Viscape.

http://www.digitalspace.com/avatars/book/fullbook/chww/chww10.htm

Yes the graphics are naff in comparision to today, but you could walk around see other people, play pool and darts etc, then visit websites in a 3D shopping mall and walk around looking and buying items. I thought it was pretty cool at the time and thought it had great potential, but after visiting it regularly the novelty quickly wore off and it became a bit tedious.

I am sure SONY has "borrowed" alot of ideas from this and will add some great features to HOME, but I suspect the gimmick will soon wear off.

As i said earlier in the thread, this is something that Sony really want (and need) to get right, so they arent gonna rush it out of the doors

When you think how huge this potentially is going to be, there is a LOT of development work going on for it. And you have to remember they are not just producing one finite product like a game, where u build it and release it and thats that, they are making an infinitely expandable system, so there are a lot more things to take into consideration than when developing a normal game

Also bear in mind they are not just developing the home world itself, they also have to develop API's, SDK's etc so that other people can build their own home spaces/stores. Also they have to develop stuff like the links with games for trophy room & multiplayer lobblyless matchmaking etc, as well as the additional services that Sony themselves will be providing with HOME

There are a lot of ideas floating around in the beta test forums at the moment, and the HOME devs are taking this all on board, its clear to see they really are making a big effort with this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom