• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Home plug question

beIIy

Hello

Just wondered if a helpful soul could help me with a quick question?

Does the device i'm connecting to the powerline have to be wierless?

For example i would like connect my sky hd box due to the on demand movie service that is now available, if i cannot i will move my router downstairs and use the homeplug upstairs for the xbox

Thanks in advance

dazza1011

If I'm understanding you correctly them the answer is no wireless is not an issue you can swap between various Ethernet cables regardless so before I had a 4 port I used to swap the Ethernet cables to get sky / Xbox / blu ray player etc

beIIy

dazza1011 said:
If I'm understanding you correctly them the answer is no wireless is not an issue you can swap between various Ethernet cables regardless so before I had a 4 port I used to swap the Ethernet cables to get sky / Xbox / blu ray player etc

Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom