Home Office / Home Entertainment Hybrid Monitor

robjstuart

Standard Member
Hello!

Have a summerhouse in the garden (internally 12ft x 10ft) and I want to get a 22-24 inch monitor to give the room the potential to function as a home office for us adults and a home entertainment room for our kids.

Speakers are important but sound quality is not - eventually I'll add an HDMI soundbar of some type to handle sound but cant afford everything at once!

So it needs to have an HDMI port, basic built in speakers and be able to function well when switched between PC, Blu Ray, movie streamer and games machine inputs, 3D is a nice to have but totally not essential.

Given that I'll be hooking up a dedicated movie streaming device the monitor doesn't need to have any freeview or other streaming capabilities.

Willing to go to £250-300 for the screen but if something 'perfect' is just a little more then will definitely consider it.

So my requirements are:
22-24 inch screen
HDMI port
Speakers (quality doesnt matter)
Good performance for 1900x1200 PC use and 1080p for movies
Wall mountable

Nice to haves:
3D

So far I've looked at some from LG, Acer, Samsung, Iiyama, BenQ and NEC but for one reason or another wasn't able to find reviews or confirm they were wall mountable etc etc.

Any advice on the subject would be most gratefully received!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom