Home Network Trouble

M

maide66

Hello all
I am very new to this :
Well I just got out of the navy from Sasebo Japan...Did my four years , and now Im done with it finally ! So Im back at mom and dads place ! I went out and bought a 4 port Ethernet Hub ! I am trying to get the internet going into my computer , from my parents computer ! I have comcast cable in miami florida ! I have the cable going into the cable modem of course , and the cable cat 5 cable going into the 4th port hole on the the ethernet hub , and the uplink is on whatever that does ! So I go another short cat5 cable and put it in the 1st port and plugged it into my parents computer in the NIC ! And plugged another cat5 cable into the 2nd port and ran it all the way to my room about 25 feet throught the attic , I have one adapter connecting the two cables cause there both about 12 feet ! I ran all the network wizards , and automatic detect setting , and everything , and unckecked show limited or no connectivity box ! And I have tryed everything , and it still no work ! If anyone can tell me what to do I would be greatly appreciated ! I dont want to call the geek squad and have them come click a button or two , just to pay them 180 dollars ! Any suggestions on what to do ! I also used a floppy disk and installed on both computers the network program that they say at the end of the wizard ! I have restarted a million times and no working still ! The internet works on my parents computer but mine it doesnt work , and It is kinda upsetting ! Thanks for everything !

geomuss

check the firewall settings on your parents router to make sure it is allowing you to access the internet.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
If you have something like Norton Internet security on your machine, then run its network wizard in Personal Firewall settings. If both PC's are runing XP you do not need to do the floppy bit.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom