Home Network Installation

oneman

Little bit of a "Necro" post, but thanks to all on here as this information will be properly helpful.......... when I can figure out what the heck any of it means...!!!

My situation is almost identical so be very interested to hear what the OP ended up doing and if possible what set up they used. @chukwe

Only difference is that I was going to try and waterproof the gear up in the loft as we have previously had sever condensation. We're hoping a new ridge tile system will prevent it happening again, but for the sake of a few quid on the right housings I think I won't risk it...

Oh, and with WiFi 6a now being a thing... is it worth me looking into that as an option for the AP's...?
Honestly if you have enough humidity in your loft to get server condensation problems then you need not to be worried about water proofing your equipment, you have bigger problems.

BigA1

Honestly if you have enough humidity in your loft to get server condensation problems then you need not to be worried about water proofing your equipment, you have bigger problems.
I agree, that's why we had a ridge tile ventilation system fitted last winter... I will have to wait until winter to see if it has done the trick.

spile

I had to insist that my bathroom fitters did not run the extractor to the loft as they wanted.

BigA1

I had to insist that my bathroom fitters did not run the extractor to the loft as they wanted.
This may have also been a contributing factor for me... it wasn't (as a plethora of things in my house are) done properly by the last owner... 10 years in and I'm still uncovering little gems...!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom