Home Network/Future Proof Setup

bezza123

Standard Member
Hi

Ive spent around 4-5 hours already this forum and various google searches and I think im more confused then when I started lol!

Basically Im about to buy a 2 bed terrace and unfortunately it needs a rewire, fortunately however my brother and dad are both electricians so just need to pay for materials and a few beers!

Anyway while ive got the upheaval and mess with the rewire I want to get all the cabling I may need soon put in to make life easier in the future. I cant really afford to be buying equipment right now but if I get the cables in place I can add the hardware later if that makes sense?

What I will have is the following;
  • 3D HD TV in living room
  • HD Amp in living room
  • 5.1 surround set up speakers in living room
  • Apple TV in living room
  • PS3 in living room (use this for 3D movies/bluray)
  • iMac somewhere in the house (not sure yet)
  • 15-21" HDTV in Kitchen
  • 32" HDTV in bedrooms

What I want to have in the nearish future;
  • Ability to stream iTunes library/radio to living room/bathroom/kitchen/bedrooms/outside
  • Ability to at least watch Sky in other rooms ideally be able to use PS3, Apple TV and Sky in other rooms
  • CCTV with DVR
  • At least 2 ethernet connections in each room (is this enough?)

I think ive got everything there, if anyone can help with what cabling I need to get installed or if theres anything else im likely to want to add on?

From what ive found i think the HD Anywhere HDbaseT would do what I want in terms of the TV related stuff and the Sonos would sort out my audio streaming desirers. Im quite happy to go down the Sonos route although I do feel its a bit expensive for what it is, I may be able to achieve something similar just using Apple Airport/Airtunes etc.

And the HDbaseT matrix is way beyond my budget but maybe it will be more affordable in a couple of years time? or is there anything else that can do what I want?

Any help would be really appreciated as im just going in circles now on the forums and google lol

Thanks
Wayne

Member 606976

Standard Member
HI Wayne

we do home networks cabling and AV installations would be happy to talk over installations costs/options there are cheaper products than HD anywhere

Steve Bateman
installation manager

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom