Home multiroom audio visual setup

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Christoffy, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Christoffy

Christoffy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Just doing a new build now and was wondering the best options for adding some sort of multiroom capabilities for music and hd video. Ideally I am wanting to use inputs of skyhd, blu ray and my media centre to play on tvs in four different rooms, either at the same time or using separate inputs on different outputs. Your help is appreciated.

2. chigz

chigz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I was about to start my own thread with a similar question, have you found anything out? I was thinking about doing the same but with CCTV and lighting automated too.

3. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +641
    It sounds like you need an HDMI matrix, a 4-in/4-out will do the trick. However you'll need to factor in the cable lengths, control methods (how to get remote control commands from the room to the central sources) and support to install and configure it all.

With that in mind I would recommend the HDBaseT Multiroom+ from HDConnectivity or similar from The Media Factory (look up Joe Fernand). This setup will require a single Cat5e or Cat6 cable from the hub to each source to carry the HDMI AV signals from the central sources to the TVs, and route IR control signals from the TV/room back to the hub. You can then view and control any source at any TV, or have several TVs all watching the same source the same time.

4. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501