home media distribution in small flat

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by wollo, Jul 3, 2004.

1. wollo

wollo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and I'm impressed to say the least.
    I hope this is the right forum.
    I wonder if anyone here has done anything similar. Because space is a little limited I want to house almost all 2 sky boxes, tivo and a htpc in a cabinet next to my tv (plasma hopefully)
    I want to be able to watch any source in the lounge or bedroom or spare room.
    My plan is to use cat5e and KEENE CAT5BLASTER TRANSMITTER & MASTER RECEIVER.
    My stumbling block is controll of the two sky boxes in one room.

Any ideas would be appreciated both about the two sky boxes and any other good ideas about distributing media in a flat.

2. remms

remms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if the cat5blaster doent use all the cat5 wires 2 could be used with the inner and outer of the sat rf2 socket to a sky extender eye or just send an rf lead with the cat5 to control sky but not the tivo and htpc or other sky box (unless other sky box is just for tivo). or just use a remote extender.

3. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Wollo
    It depends really on budget and quality requirements for the remote screens , there are lots of different options depending primarily on these two factors. If the screens are small portable size/casual viewing, then you can do it really cheaply using RF distribution. Anything bigger and you will want higher quality - with an increase in cost and complexity. What are your plans for those screens?