1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home made speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Audioguy, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Audioguy

Audioguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd introduce myself by linking to a site that describes how I built my front speakers and subwoofers (click here).

This may also serve as inspiration to you other DIY'ers out there. Comments and questions are of course welcome.

2. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,493
    Looks like an excellent job.
    How do they sound?
    ...and how much did they cost to build?

3. Audioguy

Audioguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!
    The sound is very "Dynaudio": smooth, dynamic, open, effortless. I have never had listening fatigue with these speakers. It's nice to know that they are not the weak link. If I would wish for anything it would be that last octave of room-shaking bass for those intense action scenes in T2...
    The plywood, MDF, etc was about $350 (in Swedish money). The crossovers, connectors, cables another $100. The amplifiers are $150 each and the drivers... I don't even want to think about it. I would guess around $1400 for all thirteen. So an even $2000 for the whole kit. My guess is that a similar system is around $5000 in the shops.