1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Made Plasma Stands

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by StinkyPete, Oct 7, 2005.

1. StinkyPete

StinkyPete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    HAs anyone made there own stands, I am looking to try this with a large corner unit. has anyone got any pics of theirs?

I am thinking of using 3 pieces of 2"x8" for the top and sides with 1" x 8" for the shelves and getting a local glazer to make up the doors with hinges for £40 and the wood should not cost anymore than £30-£40.

I was after the dimensions really, I recon a depth of 60cm will be ample and a max height of 50cm and a 100cm width inside the cabinet (this will be split in to two sections both 47cm wide with the top having a 20cm overhang on both sides.

I have a Denon 2800 mkII DVD player, a Denon 3801 or 3802 receiver (cant remember which), KEF Eggs 5.1 speakers, a sky box and have ordered a 42PE50 and may well get a DVD recorder with DVB, but not sure yet.

2. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Think it is Comet doing a nice alphason stand for only £99 - worth a look.

I think it's in the furniture etc forum.

3. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,392
    I have a friend that's currently fabricating me a stand to bolt to the back of a cabinet. I'll let you know how it goes when it's finished.