1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home made DVD disk stammers

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mziporen, Aug 14, 2005.

1. mziporen

mziporen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have imported to my computer an AVI video file, which can be viewed nicely by video viewing programs (like ULEAD, or Windows Media Player).
    Using Pinnacle's STUDIO 9 (a video editing program), I made out of my AVI file a project and burned it onto DVD disk.

I have burned the project on 2 different kinds of DVD disk media, (one was
    Teak and the other one was MMI?), but the problem was not solved.

The problem is:
    Playing the DVD disk - it "stammers", meaningly - it stops for some seconds, then continues playing.
    It happens both when I use the disk on my Saloon DVD player, or at my computer. (The problem is less acute at my computer than at my DVD player, but still it exists in both).
    Can anyone suggest a solution or try to think about the factors that can cause this problem?
    Thanks for any idea.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    It could be a few things.

Dropped frames during capture, but these should be reported by the software.
    Background programs affecting the performance of the PC - you should stop ALL background programs when video editing.
    HDD getting full up, or even fragmented. Make sure you have at least double the space needed for the AVI files - that's approx 2x 14Gb per hour of footage. Defragment the HDD before starting any project.
    Burn the disc at a slower speed. This does help to make a more reliable disc.

I suggest you head over to the 'camcorder & video editing' forum here and have a good look around. If you can't find the answer to your problems there (and my above suggestions haven't helped either) then post the thread again as there are many Pinnacle Studio users on there.

Good luck,
    Mark.

3. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Moved this to the Videio Editing forum

4. russ hirst

russ hirst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I seem to remember having similar problems when I first started burning projects to DVD. I changed the type of DVD discs I used and it cured the problem.

I previously bought DVD+R discs and changed to DVD-R discs. After that, I have never looked back. Don't know if it will help but hope you get sorted.

Cheers

5. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Are you burning the DVD from within Pinnacle? I know that when I used to use Pinnacle, I had no end of problems trying to do this.

If you are, then try creating the DVD image onto your hard disk (there is an option within Pinnacle to do this), and then use another program such as Nero to do the final burn.

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    melliott1963 - You have a PM