1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Insurance - Who do you use?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Paul_G, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Paul_G

Paul_G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Guys,
    I am about to renew my home contents insurance which seems to have got very expensive since I have added TAG gear, plasma etc. Any advice on a good value insurer for this kind of stuff? I have had a look at a few sites on the net which all seem to have very low limits on home entertainment goods.

2. coolcat

coolcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have my contents insurance with Marks & Spencer as they offer unlimited cover and you just need to inform them of any single items over £4000.

3. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    aon private clients

4. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Paul,

When I advised my Insurance Company about my new TAG set up, they immediately cancelled my policy, with seven days notice. I am with the Halifax at the moment, they offer £15,000 total on Electronic hardware, and individual items at a max of £2000. Special expensive items are then added over this figure as a separate clause. My AV192R and Plasma come in at about £43.00 extra., per annum. Of course it depends on your postcode and recent claims history, and whether you insure the contents with them. There are further discounts for Travel and Car Insurance, if they are all taken through the same Company.