• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Home Hub 3 - Wireless Issue

david_m11

Standard Member
Hi,

I've just had a new BT line connected and BB was activated today (on time!). I have the Home Hub 3 and I've connected the following devices wirelessly without issue - works laptop (running XP Pro), 2 Android phones and a PS3. However, I'm struggling with my own laptop that is running Vista.

The Vista machine will connect to the router (after a while) but the connection is shown as 'local only' and I can't get onto the internet. I've previously connected 3 different Sky routers to this machine laptop without issue. If I connect to the Home Hub with Ethernet it works fine.

I've done some searching and seen some similar threads that implicate Vista, however, I'm struggling to find a solution. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

david_m11

Standard Member
I've just been into Device Manager and updated the driver for my WiFi adapter, it now seems to be working! Fingers crossed.....................

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom