1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home DIY AV Cabling Home Cinema link to rest of house

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Lez, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Lez

Lez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm in the process of adding an extension to the house & I intend using one of the rooms as a Home Cinema room (fairly basic from existing equipment).

Whilst having the floor boards up, I would also like to set up cabling links from the Home Cinema which will then allow me to link the equipment to other rooms in the house.

Can any one recommend either some books that may give advice on this or Websites or even some basic info on how best to set this up (thats if it can be done of course).

Thanks in advance
    Lez

2. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Lez,

It all depends what you want to do, how much you're willing to spend etc.

I route SVideo and a Stereo signal all over the house so I can get Prologic and Svideo in other rooms using cat 5 (coax only gives you composite and mono) I use products put together by Keith Doxey, info here I've got Sky, Tivo, DVD, VCR in any room.

If you want to be completely structured and for more cost there's solutions like IP Homenet, also check Let's Automate it's a good starting point.

Good luck, HTH

Steve

3. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Smart Homes For Dummies Book

Quite a good book, explains well in laymans terms but also give ideas for those that are a little more in the know!!!

Stace

4. smerkderk

smerkderk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for answering my question that i didnt even have time to ask ! Recently I wired Sky into the bedroom and had noted that it is only coming through in mono....

Nice forum!

Cheers

Derk