1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Demos

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fordster, Sep 6, 2004.

1. fordster

fordster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've noticed quite a few people talking about equipment that they've tested at home on their own equipment. I'm wondering how you manage to persuade a dealer to lend you the equipment to take home and how long you get to keep it for?
    I assume you leave your credit card details so that they can charge your card if you do a runner. :D
    This is obviously the best way to test new kit so any hints on how to approach this would be most appreciated. I've not asked any dealers about this yet but suspect I may have a problem in that not many (if any) stock some of the equipment I'd like to test (in particular Rotel AV gear).

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    CORRECT !!

:D

3. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Usually you get it for a week or 2. Guess it depends on how busy the shop is and how popular the equipment you wish to demo is and of course how keen they think you are to buy it!
    All part of the Fun....

4. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    Audio T let you take stuff home. I recently "borrowed" several sets of surround speakers (KEF eggs, B&W VM1 etc). You have to take proof of ID with you, and they are generally very helpful with this sort of stuff. The staff are also very knowledgable about hi-fi as well, which is a bonus