Home Console?

cunnas

Distinguished Member
Hi all, I am sure a few of you have a similar setup but I am quite new to this so just need a bit of help.

I have 2 Xboxes (Series X - mine and a One S - sons).

I have a family account setup whereby my gamertag has Game Pass Ultimate and I have my kids in my family.

We both want to game at the same time, me using the Series X with my gamertag, him using his One S with his gamertag.

How do I set it up so we can both play games at the same time? I know I have to set something up as a Home console but not sure how or which console to set as Home and under whose gamertag!

adbailey18

On his console sign in with your profile, and set it as home console. Once done you can sign out.

Then just sign in with your profile on your Xbox, all done.

Bare in mind, if you have no Internet, none of your digital games will work on your Xbox, due to it not being your home console.

cunnas

Distinguished Member
Cheers mate

What happens if say I am on my console, in a game and he turns on his console - will that kick me out of my game assuming his console automatically signs me in - or do I need to set something with user logins once I have done the home console thing?

adbailey18

Cheers mate

What happens if say I am on my console, in a game and he turns on his console - will that kick me out of my game assuming his console automatically signs me in - or do I need to set something with user logins once I have done the home console thing?
If you leave your profile on there with auto sign in enabled, then I assume it would kick you off your game/console.

Best to either set it to require password or delete the profile off it.

cunnas

Distinguished Member
So just for clarity on his console, I sign in as me and set his console as the home console. I should then set it so my account needs a password or delete my account from his console completely? Will deleting my account not mess with the home console thing that I just set?

adbailey18

So just for clarity on his console, I sign in as me and set his console as the home console. I should then set it so my account needs a password or delete my account from his console completely? Will deleting my account not mess with the home console thing that I just set?
Yes you can delete your profile off it without causing issue. My home console is 30 miles away, with my profile removed 👍

If you plan on coop gaming together on the same console then easiest thing to do is set a pw. That way you can't get signed in by mistake etc

cunnas

Distinguished Member
Great thanks mate, that seems to have worked - have disabled auto sign in for my account on my sons Xbox and now when he turns his console on, he can just go straight in to his account

adbailey18

Great stuff, game sharing is brilliant. Combined with cheap games from different region ms stores, can save a fortune.

cunnas

Distinguished Member
To be honest, my son only plays "free" games anyway - Fortnite and Rocket League mainly. I am assuming he still needs to share my Game Pass/Live sub in order to play those online though? I find the whole thing very confusing as you can probably tell!!

adbailey18

Actually I think the free to play games no longer require a sub to play online.

But sharing yours will let him download anything you own etc

I did realise as I posted your sharing with your son so not exactly splitting the cost 😅

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom