Question home cinema

mattwales

Standard Member
recently picked up an Onkyo NR636 amp and 2 SVS prime floorspeakers and an SVS SB1000 subwoofer in a 2.1 system as I build to probably 7.2 with dual subwoofers.

I'm pretty happy with the SVS sound so far, my question is, is it best to continue with the SVS prime range adding speakers as I go or picking up pretty old 2nd hand monitor audio gold reference centre and monitor audio gold reference bookspeakers then adding svs prime elevation speakers for atmos?

Or does anyone have any better recommendations?

Budget for centre speaker about £300, 2 bookshelf speakers about £250, 2 atmos speakers around £400 and I have no issues if the speakers are new or 2nd hand.

Also, would a better amp be required to enhance the sound of what I have over the NR636.
I bought it as it has Atmos and 2nd hand at £170 was cheap so I am open to better suggestions of amp.

thanks in advance for everyone's input.

Matt

Last edited:

gibbsy

You should always have the front three from the same model range to preserve timbre across the front soundstage.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom