Question Home Cinema

Vlada011

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi people,
I look speaker system for me for Home Cinema, movies, music and off course PC will be connected.
Sound Card is Sound Blaster ZxR but later I will replace op-amps for improvement.

I can't afford something ultra expensive and I will need to buy separate first speakers than AV reciver.
Budget is up to 1000$. I saw 2-3 good options...
One is Q Acoustics 3000 5.1 but I see people are not satisfied with his subwoofer and use usually SVS 1000. Other option is cheaper Wharfedale DX-1 SE with AV reciver...
If I go on Q Acoustics I would bought first 3020 Speakers New and Center and for Subwoofer I would check something else.

What you say is it something better? I hear Elac Uni-Fi UB5 are good and Dali Zensor 3.
For reciver I would like most Marantz... But all of good Marantz are above 700. From other side Yamaha have some interesting for arround 500-550, as RX A660 Avenger.
What you think?

At the end when I build 2 Front + Center + Subwoofer I would MAYBE add 2 more as rear.
Off course same model as front. But for now 2+1+1

Room + layout - is all important when it comes to your choice of Loudspeakers.

Room - don't forget simple things like a floor rug can make a big difference to the 'sound' in a room if you have all hard surfaces at present.

Floor-plan - sketch out a floor plan indicating TV/Screen position and seating and also include doors/windows/furniture etc which you have to work around.

Speakers - tend to be a long term purchase so look for something you can purchase in stages knowing the manufacturer is not likely to drop that range too soon.

AVR - Yamaha are a great option.

Sources - what are you catering for?

Display - TV, Projector or both?

PC - will that have its own Monitor.

Cabling - how long are your longest HDMI cable runs going to be?

Joe

Room is not so big and wood is on the floor.
I didn't plan to use projector, only TV and Smart 4K TV will serve as monitor
(I will use keyboard and mouse connected with bluetooth).
HDMI cable will be max 3m long.
Problem is because in country where I live choice is not so big.
I have these options...
Wharfedale Diamond 225 (290euro) and 220C Central...190 euro discount from 290
Q Acoustics 3010 (190 euro)
Q Acoustics 3000 5.1 (900 euro)
Dali Zensor 3 (320 euro)
Dali Zensor Vocal (200 euro)

I hear Wharfedale Diamond 225 are good speakers in combination with 220C Central.
Off course I would need subwoofer.
I could find Wharfedale SW150 (300 euro)
Wharfedale WH S10 (250 euro)
Dali Zensor SUB 9F (400 euro)
There are and other options but I hear these are not so bad in that price range.
I would like speakers and central to be same class and brand and subwoofer could be different.

I would like SVS Subwoofer but I will need to import him than. If they are much better I would go on some of their 1000 series SB or PB.
For AV Reciver I will try best I can to find some NAD or Arcam on blackmarket or stollen.
For them I would pay and 1000, but plan is up to 500-550 and Yamaha is great in that price range. Marantz SR5011 is few hundreds more. I could find cheaper but I would like to stay with never models, max 2 years old because options available.

Last edited:
For AV Reciver I will try best I can to find some NAD or Arcam on blackmarket or stollen.

Hi.

Care to elaborate on this bit?

I've got a Denon 4200? Is that any good? I could give you my address as I'm out on Monday all day?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom