1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by lnewey6, Apr 9, 2005.

1. lnewey6

lnewey6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    new home cinema build i have an outbuilding at the moment its used has a junk room the dimensions are height 7foot 3 inchs length 10foot 4inchs width 6foot 7inchs the roof and floor are concrete the proplem is its only one layer of brick i no ill have to soundproof but will i need to build a new wall with insulation i am a bit new to this have got home cinema but i dont like the undedicated cinema room and what sort of projector and screen can i fit in a room that sizecheers

2. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hmmm, that's pretty small - and you are going to lose a good half a foot on each wall for studding and insulation (which you will definitely need) which will only leave you with a 6'x9' room. You will need a PJ with a pretty short throw and I would imagine that a 5' screen would just about work, without being too overpowering. Ask around some local builders is my advice - they tell you what can and can't be done. I assume that the building does at least have power?

3. Motobug

Motobug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    To save some space, you could "Clad" the outside of the building, you would then need much less insulation inside. In terms of the PJ and Screen, you will need a short throw PJ, something like the Z3. As this will be a dedicated room you could make a fixed screen to a size you feel confortable with. With a room of this size, probably best to stick to a 5.1 system.

Good luck.

4. lnewey6

lnewey6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i want to extend the building its 2 foot away from the house the proplem is the building is small i can extend about 4foot at the front which will make it 14foot i want to extend the side2 foot which will make it 8foot but i will part cover the kitchen window and the building has a concrete roof please help

5. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Who needs a kitchen window anyway!!!

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: