Home Cinema with USB connectivity??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bonei1973, Aug 21, 2006.

1. bonei1973

bonei1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking to but a Home Cinema System that has USB port to allow the playing of music & video.

I have had a look at the Samsung offerings, but my concern is that I want to store all music on say a 80GB drive, and play via the Home Cinema.

Problem here is that there doesnt appear to be a menu function within USB connection, and you can only skip through track by track. This would be an absolute nightmare with all my music. Have considered a Windows Media Centre, but I really would,t use a lot of what it has to offer. I need something that will allow me to play music by albumn, artist etc... (Just like MP3 player)

Any suggestions? If you know there is nothing on the market that does this please say..

Thanks

2. gozzy

gozzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18

Yes there is a menu on my samsung ht thq25
    Plug in a usb flashdrive and it reads it and plays it, menus just like mp3 player

BTW doesnt like my portable 20gb hard disk (will have to find a compatable one)

HTH

3. gozzy

gozzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Solved, the hitachi 20gb HD was formated in Ntfs, should have been fat32

Works now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: