Home Cinema with USB connectivity??

B

bonei1973

Hi,

I am looking to but a Home Cinema System that has USB port to allow the playing of music & video.

I have had a look at the Samsung offerings, but my concern is that I want to store all music on say a 80GB drive, and play via the Home Cinema.

Problem here is that there doesnt appear to be a menu function within USB connection, and you can only skip through track by track. This would be an absolute nightmare with all my music. Have considered a Windows Media Centre, but I really would,t use a lot of what it has to offer. I need something that will allow me to play music by albumn, artist etc... (Just like MP3 player)

Any suggestions? If you know there is nothing on the market that does this please say..

Thanks

gozzy

bonei1973 said:
Hi,

I am looking to but a Home Cinema System that has USB port to allow the playing of music & video.

I have had a look at the Samsung offerings, but my concern is that I want to store all music on say a 80GB drive, and play via the Home Cinema.

Problem here is that there doesnt appear to be a menu function within USB connection, and you can only skip through track by track. This would be an absolute nightmare with all my music. Have considered a Windows Media Centre, but I really would,t use a lot of what it has to offer. I need something that will allow me to play music by albumn, artist etc... (Just like MP3 player)

Any suggestions? If you know there is nothing on the market that does this please say..

Thanks

Yes there is a menu on my samsung ht thq25
Plug in a usb flashdrive and it reads it and plays it, menus just like mp3 player

BTW doesnt like my portable 20gb hard disk (will have to find a compatable one)

HTH

gozzy

gozzy said:
BTW doesnt like my portable 20gb hard disk (will have to find a compatable one)

HTH
Solved, the hitachi 20gb HD was formated in Ntfs, should have been fat32

Works now :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom