home cinema with ps3

Looks like that samsung has no optical/hdmi in. That's the very minimum you want for use with the PS3.

thanks for the replys but im asking about the samsung one i want the samsung one but need to know if you have to use the dvd player that comes with it

It doesn't have a separate DVD.. it's a sealed unit. With no optical audio in then you won't even get 5.1 from the PS3 (or your existing DVD player) and it'll sound a bit naff.. but if you're set on buying it anyway then nobody is going to stop you.

thanks for the replys but im asking about the samsung one i want the samsung one but need to know if you have to use the dvd player that comes with it

As Tony said there is no digital optical or HDMI input. Without either of those it's not going to work anyway.

In the price range the AV61 is the flexible. YOU NEED optical inputs.
The AV61 has two optical and one co-ax.
Co-ax = DVD, PC
Optical = , DVD, PS3, SKY+/HD, XBOX, PC, Cable TV
Also has direct 5.1 input for PC, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray
If you are lucky an all-in-one MAY have one optical input and thats it. If it goes wrong you sling the lot away and it is NOT upgradable.

well can you guys find me a samsung or sony one on www.play.com please that will work perfect with a ps3 and xbox360

I have one of these Samsung HT-AS710

htas710_lrg.gif

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/homecinema/avreceiver/ht_as710rxeu.asp

And it works brilliantly.

In the price range the AV61 is the flexible. YOU NEED optical inputs.
The AV61 has two optical and one co-ax.
Co-ax = DVD, PC
Optical = , DVD, PS3, SKY+/HD, XBOX, PC, Cable TV
Also has direct 5.1 input for PC, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray
If you are lucky an all-in-one MAY have one optical input and thats it. If it goes wrong you sling the lot away and it is NOT upgradable.

Yamaha is also a far better brand then Samsung when it comes to home cinema.

If it goes wrong you sling the lot away and it is NOT upgradable.

Sound advice.
I have a JVC THR-1 integrated DVD player/AMP. Apart from being crap - the DVD playback is borked. I only use the AMP for 5.1 from the PS3 now which thankfully has a decent DVD playback (compared to the THR-1).

The next time - it's separates all the way....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom