Home Cinema with old CRT TV and Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by vnkotak, Sep 2, 2013.

1. vnkotak

vnkotak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I think quite a few people would have asked similar question to mine, but I can't find any answer :(

I have a old CRT TV with only one SCART connection and no other socket.

Does new home cinema works with old CRT TVs? I want to buy Sony N950 or similar of Panasonic or Samsung, but before I make any move and buy it, thought to check that does home cinema works with old CRT TVs.

If yes, then how can I get it worked, as one SCART connection that TV has is used by Virgin Media box.

And I also have Xbox 360, so can we connect Home Cinema to Xbox and can I then use Home cinema while playing games and watching any movie through Xbox atleast?

Apologies, if this question is already answered, but if you can drop a line saying does it work or not would be really helpful?

Thanks

2. dts77

dts77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    There are multiple scart input devices (switchers) available out there that allow you to hook up more than one device to your tv at once , I bought one myself from the pound shop about 10 years ago when I had an old crt with only one scart input :laugh:

Think its about time you got a newer t.v for yourself mate :thumbsup:

3. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    People give TVs away nowadays. I got given a 32 inch LCD. Didn't want it so my mate had it. If you're broke scour the classifieds and you'll find some mega cheap/free.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,470
    ‘Does new home cinema works with old CRT TVs?’ – they can though sometimes they put up a bit of a fight :eek:

Ideally you need to list the make and model number of your TV, Sound system and variant of the Xbox and Virgin box’s you have before folk can advise you.

Links to the online product specifications will save others a lot of time searching for them.

Joe