Home Cinema with HDMI and Optical

DeanBaker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a All in One Home Cinema system that has an HDMI output (to a Toshiba 37WLT68) and an optical input so I can have surround sound from my Sky+ box.

Are there any out there that have more than 1 optical input and an HDMI also? Im looking to spend around £250 (less if possible).

Cheers.

How about the Panasonic SC-HT855? It retails between £240~£260, maybe less depending where you go.

Thanks for that. Just been looking at the technical papers on the unit from Panasonic. Looks like the unit has 1 optical input (which ill connect my Sky+ box to) but are there any others All In Ones that have more than one optical input and would there be any use for having more than one?

Generally All in One systems only have one input, there are a rare few with more than one, but you can use something like this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=35241&doy=30m5 to combine more than one source into the system. You would probably be looking at a separate AV reciever if you wanted lots and lots of digital inputs.

Uses for having more than one include: Games consoles: XBOX360, Playstation 3 etc, or things like Blu-Ray/HD-DVD drives.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom