1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cinema v Hi-Fi speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by ashearer, Feb 14, 2002.

1. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apologies if this is a dumb question but I am new to this...

I have just bought a Denon 3802 Receiver and Kef KHT2005 speaker system to complete my home cinema set-up. Obviously I could connect up my CD player etc to the Denon too but then what happens to my B&W DM601's which I am very fond of?

Can I set the system up to do everything or am I better off sticking with my old amp for the hi-fi and just using the Denon for Home Cinema?

Thanks.
    Andy

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If the Denon has two sets of speaker terminals you could connect the B & W speakers to the second set and use the KEFs for movies and the B & W for movies.

If your hifi amp is of good quality you would get a better music sound by continuing to use it with CD player and B & W's but unless you have a large room you won't be able to move for speakers and amps etc.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    You could connect the B&W´s to the multizone speaker terminals on the back of the amp. You would then need to go into the Onscreen menus and change the Power Amp assignment.

This will only leave you with 5.1 for movies though as the surround back amps will be powering the B&W´s and treating them as a seperate system/room.

Alternatively just use your existing amp for music and the Denon for movies.