• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Home Cinema system without dvd player

G

GirlConfused

Hi, am new to this site but have heard good things about it. :thumbsup:

I promised myself when i bought my first house i would get a cool tv and surround sound. So just managed to buy my first home, went out and treated myself to 37" LCD tv and dvd recorder. But dont know where to start with Home cinema as it seems they all come with dvd players, have looked at What Hi-Fi magazine but am so confused. :confused:

So what do i get, has to be as cheap as poss as am now broke.
Help :lease:

P.s The living room is rather small

dazz600

Novice Member
Denon 1356 xp is £230 from empire direct.
supports optical/coax input also loadsa red n white phono sockets for hifi`s etc
got one other week.bargain :thumbsup:

jameslindsey

Established Member
With a 37" telly I would go for starting a separates system. An AV amplifier can be picked up from about £250 and probably the same for an entry level set of speakers. but of course you could spend a lot more :D .

If price is important take a wander to Richer Sounds. They often do good discounts on slightly older kit and also bundle amp/speaker packages.

barijohn

Established Member
G

GirlConfused

Hey Thanks Guys,

this gives me a place to start, was looking at What hi-i mag. and they give so many different ratings you cant really tell the difference. Will try richer sounds i have one not far from me, and am taking a look at the denon, looks good.

Thanks again guys:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom