Home Cinema system Help!!!????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hussein_787, Aug 26, 2005.

1. hussein_787

hussein_787

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just brought a new Wharfedale HT6180 dvd home cinema system which came with 5 speakers and a subwoofer, I have got everything connected just fine and it is working. I also have a Sony widescreen TV, an NTL Digital Pace Box, and a Mitsubishi M1000 VHS player. The only time I can use the Cinema surround sound is when I am a watching a DVD. I would prefer if I could use the surround sound when watching a Video and watching my Digital TV as well. How would I go about doing this so that I can listen to surround sound when watching my digital tv channels.

Thanks in advance

Hussein

2. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Try looking for Dolby PL2 in the settings and make sure that you have audio cables from your sources going into the system.

3. Woodywizz

Woodywizz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,579
    To get surround sound from the cable box, you need to link this box to the dvd player / amplifier - sorry I do not know if your Wharfedale system is "all-in-one" or separate. If it is a separate amp and dvd player then link the ntl box to the amplifier either with conventional audio leads (red/white/yellow) or - if the box is similar to sky+ - via an optical lead. Then you can obtain "surround" sound from watching tv - you will have to change the channel on the dvd/amp in order to listen - it will probably be labelled up as either "video..or audio....1...or....2....or.....3. Turn the volume off on the actual TV so that the only audio is coming thro' the system. That should fix it....Matt :smashin: