1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cinema Speakers Mounting Methods

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by asokas, Jul 18, 2002.

1. asokas

asokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am having a Home Cinema system set up. I have Energy Take 5 speakers. They have the possibility to be wall-mounted. This is what I wanted to do.

However, the electrician has done the cable tubes in the walls directly above the speaker points, in such a way that this may not be possible now without piercing these tubes, and hence the cable. The tubes have been cemented over, and the wall has been painted.

The suggestion is to now fit small shelves on the wall, upon which to seat these speakers. Is this okay and normal? My concern is that there may be vibration issues. If shelves are okay, what is the optimal way to mount them? On brackets below, or upon rods that come out from the wall and right into the shelves themselves?

Another possibility, of course, is to move the speakers ever so slightly (i.e. 3cm or so) to the right or left, sufficiently so that the cable tubes in the wall are not pierced when the electrician drills to insert the speaker screws.

Any advice you have, especially related to the integrity of the sound when small speakers are placed upon wall-mounted shelves, would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Asoka