1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cinema Speaker System

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Groundrush, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Groundrush

Groundrush
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need some advise on Home Cinema Speaker system

I have just purchased a Sony - KD32DX200 Digital Widescreen Ctv
    and a Sony - RDRHX900 DVD Recorder

I originaly was going to purchase the Sony - DAVSR4W 800w Wireless Home Cinema System but cancelled because I did not want to have 2 DVD players.

I thought I would just buy speakers instead to use with the DVD Recorder.

Any suggestions?

I am looking for Sony Speakers (or Silver ones)that are similar to the ones that the DAVSR4W have.

http://ws2.kelkoo.electricalworld.c...-DAVSR4W&SID=1784243868435f756b5f75e4caf74e82

Or would I have to buy the whole system, DVD Included?

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're likely to get a much better sounding system for the same money if you go for separates rather than an all in one. This also means you don't double up as you already have a DVD player. With over £500 to spend you can get a cracking system!

Do a search here for "budget" systems or just a quick browse and you'll turn up many people and much advice about getting a good amp and speakers for under £500.

As a starting place for speakers consider (and search for!) the Canton CD1s (buy from germany at half UK price!), also look for Tannoy FX1s.
    For amps head on over to the Integrated Amps and Recievers forum. Suggested amps are Denon 1710, 1910, Marantz 5400 OSE, 5500 or Yamaha 640/650/750.

3. Groundrush

Groundrush
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, so it looks like I did the right thing and left out the Home Cinema System.

I will do some looking around as you sugggested.

Cheers.. :)