Home cinema setup

af88

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks
Looking for some advice.
I have a very good 5.1 speaker setup that I am very happy. It’s getting on a little but the sound quality is more than good enough.
I have the mission m73 floorstander,
M7c, and m7ds as centre and rears.
I also have a paradigm 15in sub, can’t remember model but this thing is loud enough to shake the house.
This is all powered by a Yamaha dsp-a5 amplifier.

This is all currently setup in a small cinema room and works great. However I’m moving and would like this to be setup in the living room along with my Sony 65in tv.

One of the problems is the Yamaha doesn’t have hdmi inputs or arc/earc so would like to replace this.
Other problem is new living room is quite large with wood flooring so I don’t want to be trailing speaker cables around the room and try to hide it in skirting boards etc.

Is there wireless amplifiers/receivers I can replace the Yamaha with? Especially the rear speakers and potentially the signal to sub being wireless as it’s self powered.
At the moment the living room has all devices hooked up to tv and through arc passed to a sound bar.
In my head ideally like a Sonos setup where all the speakers need is a socket and no cables trailing back and forth to other devices.
I did look at the sonos arc with sub and surround speakers but that’s a small fortune I don’t need to spend just now.

Any advice welcome.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom